Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

T-Brands???

Not applicable
-20% Reason???
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
DST
Super Contributor
Commencement of Listing of Ad***** Ingram Tiger Brands shareholders are advised that Ad***** Ingram has commenced trading on the JSE Limited this morning under the share code AIP
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I expected a correction but not a snot-klap like this!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Why not? if Ad***** Ingram is worth R 35, then why shouldn't Tiger Brands be reduced by the equivalent amount. If they are unbundling it essentially the value has been transferred from the "parent" company over to the "offspring"
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I agree but the announcement was made 2 weeks ago and the distribution of the Ingram shares happen on friday, why the correction today? Why not on the announcement? Or on Friday when the shares get distributed?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Think about the ldt. One moment a Tiger buyer must pay for both, the next he must only pay for Tiger, and pay elsewhere a separate amount for Adc0ck.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
The Tiger shareholders should still be the owners of the new company. They should have been issued with shares in the new company. The ownership of Ad***** cannot simply be taken away from the existing shareholders? Did I miss something?
0 Kudos
bilow
Contributor
The sens of 14 Aug 08 refers. LDT was Friday 22 Aug o8. TBS shareholders still on record 29 Aug 08 the record date will receive one Ad***** Ingram share for every Tbs share held. OMO.
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
Any views on where adco share will go to.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Yeah bilow u right, read the whole thing ***** about face, that makes sense, market is too clever! Nothing gets through
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos