Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TA Analysis

KJR
Frequent Contributor
Does anyone currently use Market Tracker and is it a good system to use. If not,which TA program,in your opinion,would you recommend.
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Ninja
Super Contributor
Day trading - Metastock or Omnitrader
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
www.amibroker.com .. forget everything else ..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
OST system - Simplier,better and faster,keep you inspired,motivated and involved.
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
hello pivot presron welcome back dude..... LOL
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi Swordfish. It is good to be back.
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
On this topic - can anybody recommend an Intra Day trading software programme other than Metastock?
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Are amibroker and onitrader for JSE indices also?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sharenet offer amibroker with a live feed for jse stocks and im sure it would include indices
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Thanks, I'll check it out.
0 Kudos
Kipper
Contributor
Hi Simon Do you prefer Amitrader to Sharemagic, and why?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
cheaper and more comprehensive .. but that said I use neither as I have a reuters terminal and when out of the office I just use the free software on OST ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The Sharenet datafeed has a couple of things they don't provide, for example Satrix fini, Satrix resi, etc. Other counters like gold-ny is not proper open, close, hi, lo prices. OST also provides data feeds, and I think they'll be more complete.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ours are via a third party, and are by a long way the best .. but they are EOD not intra-day ..
0 Kudos
qwest
Frequent Contributor
SimonPB can you please give more info Std.Bank TA EOD.Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The one thing that annoys me immensely with the data download is that it is not categorized by sectors or industries at all, nor have they included the tickers ie it will only be Anglo and does not include AGL. Im using metastock to do my TA and it is a massive waist of time to try and sort the groups/sectors/industries. I wounder, is it the same with the option standard bank has?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
on the menu ==> price charts ==> charting downloads ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Hi Trend.. Try pdsnet.co.za they catorgorize the daily download..
0 Kudos