Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TA Charts are starting to show a BUY

Not applicable
Sto and ROM (200) on 15 and 7 SMA are showing a buy. 7 SMA below 15 SMA. even on 30 & 45 SMA signal is a buy, BUT with commodities and GOLD drowning at the moment I am not overly confident on the exact signal as yet. Seems this one need to fall to about 76/77 before it should set out a solid buy again. Any other TA insights out there?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
pile into gfi if closes above R92 but must be down for the day, or anglogold above R293-50 but also must be down for the day.. bulls will be raging today due to futures close out. anyone thinkin the same?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Atleast wait for upward trends 15 above/30 sma, remember; the trend is your friend.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I notice now 9/15 sma look like good leading indicator for HAR
0 Kudos
Not applicable
personally i prefer going long with ANG or DRD. Ang tends to rally the strongest - and is less volatile on the downside. DRD has the smallest spread. Harmony is weakly traded and the spread tends to be much wider. Just MHO
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I was long HAR on the expection of a bounce off the middle of the bollingers, it broke straight through that and floored on its bottom band long enough to hit my stop. It looks dead in the water tbh and I dont think it will move on its own, you'll need some action on the Gold Price or Rand/$ to get people excited about it again. One thing to be careful of on this on though, people trading it have a tendancy to panic which results in periods of no action then a sudden spike in volatility. We're in the no action phase now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gold looks to have made a bottom the last couple days, 930s is starting to look good. This means we are close to breaking 943 then a possible shoot up to 960 then test 990 again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Snap, I would tend to agree with your insight. Gold is sitting at support and HAR is also rising. Sto showing a more positive buy signal. Still waiting to confirm. If it break 88 and Gold still climbs then we are set for a long again. Even GFI is looking very nice at the moment but the TA says border buy/sell - ROM but Sto says buy from 2 days ago. So HAR has both sections as buy and is more likely to continue for the short term.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CPS... Yeah, see how gold performs tomorrow, If 925 doesn't hold then 905 is coming. Imo this is only a pull back in a big big bull.
0 Kudos