Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TA Software, downloads and Vista Business

quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Is anyone aware of a decent TA software package and download service that will function with Vista Business. After 3 days of fruitless effort neither of my present packages and download services will function with Vista Business. This request is a last attempt to solve the problem before resorting to action which will either lead to me being responsible for an alcohol shortage before the rugby on Saturday, or to me slitting my wrists which will mean that I miss the final anyway.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
Amibroker (www.amibroker.net) - "our software is compatible and well tested with all modern Windows versions including Windows Vista (both 32 and 64 bit editions)". Add Sharenet daily downloads and you're A for Away.
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Bouts. I'll defer the alcolhol purchases and wrist slitting until further notice.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No problem. Please buy a couple of million MTN shares and we'll call it quits...(refer to my frustrated MTN post)
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
QV
I too run Vista Business and have issues (don't we all?) with my current package, namely SML, as "recommended" by OST and punted on their TA courses.
Their (Profile Media) work-around is to disable User Account Control and then the downloads work.....
Insert bite-plate to prevent teeth being ground to useless stumps, and muscles in jaw from aching
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
remove vista = problem solved. First rule of new MS OS, wait at least a few years before installing.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
more accurately, wait until at least service pack 2 has come out before installing any microsoft product.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
QV am currently using Vista with Amibroker and sharenet premium and it works just fine. (I have home basic though but do not see how it could make a big diff) Have had joy since first day. Good luch
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
The difference between Vista Business and Vista Home is Windows Aero, the graphical user interface coomponent. Vista Home doesn't have this (glass-like transparencies, window animations and flipping). This is probably where the incompatibilities are being experienced.
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
Correction, Home BASIC doesn't have this, all other versions including Home Premium have this new component.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Don't you know you should not buy any new Windows operating system until the first release of Service Pack 1, or even SP2 or later. I heard you can insist when you buy a new PC to be given a FREE XP SP2 CD - so you can load the tried and trusted until the new Service Pack comes. Don't quote me on it, but it has been done. Good Luck with Vista....and here comes Windows 2008, 2010, etc...
0 Kudos