Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TA Top40 Head and Shoulders?

Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Anyone see the pattern LS4-29Apr, Head 29Apr-11jun, RS11-20Jun? If this is the case neckline in process of being busted and downside to approx 26350. OMO Comments pse
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Not applicable
Looks like it. I am loaded up on shorts like you wouldn't believe.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If it is a h&s, the neckline hasn't broken yet. Again, if it is a h&s, a failed h&s invariably goes exactly the opposite way and very quickly (see chart for TKG last September) ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja...I have to say things are not looking good....our only saviour might be people like Victorc....not being critical...may be right to go short....what I am saying is that the shorts may be the only thing causing any of the pathetic buying we are seeing....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that is shorts taking profit or getting squeezed from time to time...the Vix is far from its highs...so we may see quite a bit further downside before we even see any meaningful rally again...
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Chartist what do you mean by the short players getting squeezed and where can one get see the ViX reading?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Electrocox....this is exactly what happened this morning....rallies like we had at the open cannot be sustained....ftse was up 30 pts at one stage ...now down 80 pts ..rather we were down 80 pts
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
phyco-analysist of the market - does one only notice these things from experience? Anyway I envy your understanding of the markkets. So how did you know it was unsustainable?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Electocox.....its very very simple....just look for the path of least resistance (with the correct timeframe in mind of course)) .....thats all.....so thats where its easier to make money.....you see you gotta have been short that is squeezed to understand the rallies....nothing to do with pshycho analysis and everything to do with my own experience.....
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Pain been the greatest teacher from your experince? well i got half of it right. Chartist its a pity I cant view your screencasts any more since I was learning a lot from you and now cannot go over any of them again. is there a way to view your scrrencasts? especilly your post on scalping.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist, regarding your comment on the bear players causing the buying - The only buying I commited recently was to foolishly cover Didata too quickly, and to go long on KIO of which I'm smiling over tonight. My only worry is that Mittal, Aveng, Jse, Naspers, Sappi, TigerBrands will all snap back tomorrow, hurting my not-in-the-bank-yet profits. Warning - any snap back might be forceful after this down rally, as there are a lot of shortists out there at the moment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja was agreeing with you .....dunno if I conveyed that clearly
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And I had to cover a few of those yesterday, adding to the dead cat bounce. Relief rally might last a couple of days more.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
So chartist does today qualify for "short the Rally" ?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What has caused the surge, anyway? Seems out of place with the Metro striking.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
When was the last H&S formation on the Alsi? and what happened
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes..thats exactly what I mean...doesnt mean you cant make money on the rally...you just gotta remember that it wont last and that the real move is down....its about changing your parameters thats all...so the large positions are put on on the short side and the smaller scalps on the long side...this morning's opening rally was clearly a short covering rally....u only have to look at the market depth to see this...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
this was in reply to Electrocox's short the rally question
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
This has happened 3 days in a row now on the opening. I get your current market analysis now. Finger on the button all the time. Are you just using the market depth from DWT platform?
0 Kudos