Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TA and days like this

Not applicable
Eissshhhhhh, so many really good TA buy signals flirting with good entry points and then you get a WWE smack down day like today....reminds me of a very very old saying my grand parents used to mutter when things did not go as planned

Patience is a Virtue, Virtue is a Grace and Grace is the girl in the kitchen with a dirty face ;-)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Asher
Regular Contributor
Blood on the danceFloor.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
But some areas of the dance floor (presumably those experiencing foot traffic.) are looking vaguely clean. MUR, for one, is becoming irresistible.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Looks like a good buying area generally.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
It's murder on the dancefloor,but youbetter not kill the groove...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
One of their news items was them being investigated for iffy tender behaviour, which could result in them losing all govt business. I was quite keen since they were cheap, but that's a great reason why.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Woolies is smiling my wife must be shopping!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and Agl is depressing...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AGL is mining deep
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
I can kick myself. When WHL was less than R9 some time ago- i left it off my watch list and radar screen. Seems to have beaten the recession.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
mining deep and falling hard!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Aah well one of my favs AMS has formed its frst kangaroo tail since 13 Nov last year. Guess it had to come so as I expected earlier in the week, more downside.....
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
My portfolio has taken a pounding today, another day like this and the stops are going to kick in fast and furiously
0 Kudos
StanleyB
Contributor
You prompted me to look up kangaroo tail - seems to be same as Evening/Morning star. I though the prior trend needed to be better established than in your AMS examples. Do you find reversal patterns useful for your swing trading or do use only in support of oscillators/ support/ resistance
0 Kudos
Not applicable
StanleyB, trend I find takes a while to develop but tails can form rather quickly. Probably not the best example of a tail in AMS but the spike out and close at open showed the intention. The problem with tails is you need at least the next day to confirm them. I use them infrequesntly as they are not that common. But they are almost certainly a good reversal indicator. Used with the other TA tools you can get a great direction indicator.
0 Kudos