Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TA and entry levels

jack12
Super Contributor
Seems like most of the old formites have gone to greener pastures. Who trades AGL? I am short and the OST recomendation is long! Maybe some of you guys could give a positive imput on you TA recomendations and justification for you positions.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Ninja
Super Contributor
Hey Jack....technically short on AGL is correct and we can say the same for the Dow index. My only concern is that positive sentiment can still send the Dow higher dragging us with it and in turn dragging AGL up as it is tied to the Alsi like a love sick puppy. Dow resistance is 1150 / 1200ish - I would wait for the next green day on the dow and go long....can't see this rally ending right now especially as earnings are very positive.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I'm also short,but as you know,it's usually a sign to be long.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I cannot put my finger on exactly why,but i don't think the Americans will let the DOW fall below 10,000 (all artifically held up of course) so i also think it will head for 10,300 region before retreating and as this is done by weakening the Dollar,the Rand will strengthen further ,harming our exports if there is no reverse in the long run.But for now the Alsi will probably go up in the next couple of days.This can be seen on the TA charts as well and there is no strong reversal at this stage.At least i hope not as Naomi is lying 12 in the Sanlam competition( UNIQUE) and i hope she will still improve her standing before month end!
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Hey Good to see you are still around. Haha I know, I know you make me nervous when you're short. I remember what happened last time!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Depends of your time frame.21,40 is bearish but 7,15 is bullish with entry confirmed on 12-10.I think for short term trading one must use shorter time frames, even shorter than 7,15.OMO
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Does anyone think the gaps of 19th will close?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am long since the 5th, and my exit trigger is now at around 26200 mark. But i have learnt that evening star doji's are pretty powerful candlestick patterns and should not be ignored. If we open lower tomorrow, i am out - period
0 Kudos
Frogg
Frequent Contributor
skaaptjop in or out i am short whats a good exit price
0 Kudos
Not applicable
still long, my downside move was not confirmed, so i didn't exit
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Jack...be wary of a short on AGL...have a feeling we will see the Dow turn green later tonight. If you are looking for a nice trade I would recommend KIO....it is consolidating before its next upleg....buy from these levels with a stop as a close below 239....IMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
agree with you on Kumba, but i am waiting for a decent positive close. today's pullback is a repeat of the last 2 weeks worth of action - nice early morning optimism followed by a swift kick in the short&curlies for all those attempting to go long
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
AGL is running nice (Ouch) have been collection KIO last few days, agree busy consolodating for the next upleg
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
resistance at 290. feel very cross was waiting for 230, and it got there and I got greedy and waited for lower and then mised it, now its R283
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Keep feeding me those stoplosses guys!! This is turning out to be one helluva ride on AGL
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
im long agl, shorting a strong uptrending stock is not for me
0 Kudos