Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TA book

mr_p_
Contributor
Simon, can you recommend a relevant, practical book to get started in technical analysis. There are a number on Amazon and Kalahari, with not much indication which are any good. Thanks.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
I'm not Simon but I would recommend Technical Analysis by Martin J. Pring. Its a good book with lots of information.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, technical analysis explained by Pring, excellent starter book.
0 Kudos
mr_p_
Contributor
Thanks, found it, looks like exactly what I am looking for.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Hi mr p. you can get this book 2nd hand in abebooks.com. I paid U$1 last year.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or just add Torrent to your search and get it for free. Disclaimer:The information contained in this forum post may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any further disclosure or use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message strictly prohibited. If you think that you have viewed this message in error, please close it and notify the sender. I in no way endorse or encourage the illegal downloading of pirated materials. Olë. OMO. IMO. IMHO.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
If you base your TA on pirated material the market will always go against you.That's how karma works.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Is Karma a name of share :-),or does he work for Standard Bank?
0 Kudos
mr_p_
Contributor
I'm looking for an old skool style, paper "book". Can't fall asleep in bed reading my computer. Cheapest on abebooks is $24.95, it's not $1 but still way cheaper than anywhere here. Thanks Ditzy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
For those interested in trading...using pivots fibs etc John Carter's mastering the trade is not bad....has quite a bit on market and trader psychology which is far more useful than some of the more esoteric TA stuff found in many TA books....remember too much TA can be bad for your portfolio....Oh and by the way guys....pse do yourself a favour and use amazon....the SA retailers are real rip offs....things like "Trading in the zone are 2 to 3 times the price here...."
0 Kudos
mr_p_
Contributor
I don't think that is the latest (4th) edition. I was searching on the ISBN number. That one you found is a different ISBN, publication date 1985.
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
this is an interesting quick read on the merits of TA, plus the site has more discussions http://www.technicalanalysis.org.uk/technical-analysis.pdf
0 Kudos