Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TELKOM

Not applicable
is it true that this is at very good value, and may grow faster? anyone buy?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Preston
Super Contributor
Please stay away from this share. Telkom has got fierce competition and the once gaint have had its clay feet destroyed. I am sure the is many other shares that will give you a more promising returning in the long run.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Yeah, telscum is ish-skums brother, just try and even get onto any of thir websites - the other day we lost our ADSL here on parts of the peninsula, many phone calls later they eventually owned up to having a problem - however they did not know what and exactly where - took more than 14 hrs to repair
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Full of potential,good share. I made money on that share.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Xenu, There is also still a huge court case pending which may cost them big. Management is a mess and Neotel is gaining momentum. Be very careful. OMO
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
Government is backing Neotel as per the recent tender for R464 Bars that they won. I had my PABX go down, it took them 4 days to sort it out go Figure and when that was sorted out, Escargot(the fast paced engineers at Escarkom) shut down my electricity. So No PABX and No Power Go Figure? The techies at Telkom are given a 6 week course and then sent into the field, previously it took a techie about 3 years before they were let loose. In short be very afraid of Telkom, BUT if you want to buy Vodacom, now thats a different story altogether.
0 Kudos