Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

THANK YOU TITO

SIMBA
Super Contributor
Banks looking good for a quick strike now .5% confirmed
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
asylum
Super Contributor
what you are you saying?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Banks RSI is showing divergence. I wonder if this will be a 'buy' on the fact 1% increase.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Guys I don't think 0,5 or 1% in repo rate makes any diffrence to the market. What does matter is that TITO has indicated that he will keep raising rates as long as inflation is on the rise. Even if food and transport are largley imune to interest rate hikes. So unless he signals pause banks will keep moving south. Remember that every additional hike has an exponential effect on growth and spending powers. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Does anyone know when is the next interest rate hike?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
tommorrow at 3pm
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
where do you get 0.50% confirmed? Tomorrow is the announcement?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
From the Lion King? :P :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
LOL i think Simba has FS shares...
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
what happens if he leaves the rate unchanged?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hell freezes over!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
market will go up 10% and I will invite Tito for a party! Otherwise I want to buy a repossessed vehicle by year end at a really cool price. and in 2 years a house at even better price! Always win!!!
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
why is it that inflation has increased dramatically since the interest rate hikes were started? i think they are directly proportional to each other,rather than inversely proportional. just because interest rates go up doesn't mean people are gonna start paying their bonds back. most can't even afford the current rates, myself included. maybe the boys upstairs (manuel, tito and eskom's directors included) should start taking smaller salaries and bonuses and get the money back into the coffers. they don't feel the cash crunch cause they just pay themselves more when that happens. sounds like mugabe logic to me. just print more money
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Inflation is here and nothing can stop it. Manipulation of interest rates has a minimal effect. Tito and Manuel are not to be blamed it's China! That can not be proven since the opposite scenario can not be played out ie. Remove China from the Earths face and then u will see what will happen to Oil and Inflation. Go down! Which country in this world has produced a headline in the newspapers `Due to increase in interest rates we managed to curb inflation'>>>>None!
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
Hi Wizard, i agree with you to some extent, however you are contradicting yourself. Tito has more to do with it than you like. it is his signature on every rate increase. but it is as you say: increasing rates will not curb inflation. point made and taken.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Its more than that - its one mans ego....
0 Kudos
Tom168
Frequent Contributor
say there is a 1% hike...what effects it has on gold shares? increase in interest rates= increase in inflation = gold shares going north??? Thanks
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
with the market in the state it is at this moment in time, the rate hike should be managed .....if you can say that word! we haven't seen the final yet...hold on to your broekies there is still going to be some poefies on the way...
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
now that is putting it mildly. HIER KOM GROOT K_K. i can't believe the whities haven't learned to toi-toi yet.
0 Kudos