Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

THE BULL RUN IS ON-BRING IN THE BEARS-- LETS SHOOT THEM.

Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Catching the bear: Two men went bear hunting. While one stayed in the cabin, the other went out looking for a bear. He soon found a huge bear, shot at it but only wounded it. The enraged bear charged toward him, he dropped his rifle and started running for the cabin as fast as he could. He ran pretty fast but the bear was just a little faster and gained on him with every step. Just as he reached the open cabin door, he tripped and fell flat. Too close behind to stop, the bear tripped over him and went rolling into the cabin. The man jumped up, closed the cabin door and yelled to his friend inside, "You skin this one while I go and get another!"
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Is the bear hunter's bounce the equivalent of the dead cat bounce?
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
So i am told, this could well be another sucker runup.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
probably will be. I have a feeling the alsi should reverse around the 19600/19900 levels
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It is a sucker rally. It will be a one that will make forget about the Bear, because it will last few months. When complacency sets in again next year the second part of the Bear show will start.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
All thats needed is for the Yanks to find the bad lads who created this poo and shaft them, after that GREED returns, something defined as human behaviour.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
This is unlikely to be a reversal or the start of a bull run, more likely a rally in a bear market. There is a sizeable bull trap building up here. Step back and look at daily and weekly charts and the bigger picture becomes clear. Calm before the storm? Consider the WaMu CDS auction this Thu and on fri UK economic data which is going to clearly show recession.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
nova, why isnt there more info on who is actually holding the can after the lehman auction? someone surely has to pay/take-the-hit on the 90c/$ deficit? Are the yanks (ben, henry and co.) not saying anything lest they spook the markets? Surely, this is too big to just sweep under the rug? More importantly, am I making a big deal about nothing? :-)
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
geh geh geh, would love to sell into this rally but waiting for a bit more upside before I do so. DOW futures can't seem to make up it's mind whether to sell off on earnings reports or whether to suck in more bulls
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Because CDS are OTC transactions that are private and non-regulated. The last thing any company wants to admit right now is that they're holding the can. Not until they've scrambled and borrowed enough money to cover their bad bets. Which is why banks are still so wary of lending to anyone let alone each other. The only place this is going to come out is when companies report earnings and even then they're going to try and hide it with technical jargon. No one knows who has skeletons in the closet
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I should have used a bigger calibre!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and which bull run would that be exactly. Write us another short story about a dead cat bounce, that would me more relevant now don't u think?
0 Kudos