Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TKG Shares

slawek
Occasional Contributor
I would advise everyone who have SPARE money to invest in TKG shares. The price on the level of R18 is nonsensical. Manipulators are dropping the price selling and buying their own shares sacrificing a friction of their own money. NOBODY SANE WOULD SELL A SINGLE SHARE FOR 1/4 of its very conservatively established value. In the process MANIPULATORS buy the shares of those individuals who panic.That is their trophy.
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Hi There, Thanks for the advice, but no thanks!!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah the evil manipulators .. an why have they picked this wonderful share to manipulate ??
0 Kudos
NOMAD1
Frequent Contributor
You work for TELKOM?
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
so you own them.... How much have you lost so far????
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It not a valuation problem, but clearly a strategy, business model, management problem, and a huge one at that. The value has been stripped from this company with the sale of it's Vodacom shares. The only thing left is shrinking core fixed line business and struggling new assets trying to play catch up with more competent mature Telecoms players. Add some government intervention and you've got a recipe for disaster. My advice is swop all Telkom shares for either Vodacom or MTN. Telkom future looks bleak to say the least. The share price is a reflection of what we all know already.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Management .... you mean mismanagement problem :p. The company spends millions that was not properly authorised and then while they sift through red-tape they loose millions. When it is reported, there is not recourse against responsible persons. The company disinvests from assets that are making money, and then invests in projects that bleed capital from the business. When they sit at a juncture to try and curb losses, decisions cannot be reached. Are there even assets left that justify the current share-price?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- If anything it's most likely the Govt. doing the shorting - I believe they want to delist and re- nationalise the operation.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
for once i think that would br a good idea!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I stand corrected here, but the action of shorting on its own cannot drive down a share price, unless you are doing it on such a large scale that you remove all the liquidity from the stock
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
....that's a terrible idea, unless you think government can manage anything better than the private sector ?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Well on the way to become a penny stock.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
normally i would agree with u,but since they have the controlling shares,it makes a mockery of the stock market....it will become another shell supported by us taxpayers, so whats new ?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
ItÂ’s about time the phones stop ringing!!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
What I can see is the mother of all hurricanes is brewing there, Accelerated Losses!!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
No Barry. The market doesn't lie, and people need to see this company for what it has become. Let's call it a case study, for future reference, if you don't mind.
0 Kudos
slawek
Occasional Contributor
Because our government have not given a permission for taking over majority of Telkom (and complete control of RSA telecommunication)by private hands. Telecommunication is a strategic field for any country the same like generation of electricity. Imagine Telkom and ESKOM being in hands of enemies of RSA (and BRICS). RSA would be forced to fight on the side of NATO in Syria, Afganistan, Iran and other murderous adventures of world criminals.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't forget zombies too
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The Nato agents (Goldman Sacks and JP Morgan) are silent share holders of tkg
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lol wow......this guy must be on some other level....let him buy all the tkg he wants
0 Kudos