Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TKG shares

slawek
Occasional Contributor
In 2015 price of TKG will exceed R100. Mark my word.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
Your word is marked...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't forget to mark my word to that time when you go back to this moment and say I marked your word because I have done my part here and don't want to be forgotten for the marking....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No offense @word..
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Anything is possible slawek and I see you made a good call on Telkom earler this year and some detractors may have been redfaced. WOTS is Telkom are in talks with Netflix for SA rights but of course that may be no more than rumour.
0 Kudos
md49
Contributor
Do we see some confirmation of upside (short term) here as yet?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I bought yesterday and still like that set-up.
0 Kudos
FEK
Super Contributor
Russ, what sort of targets do you see in the near term ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is a no-brainer (telkom will go to R100). With the drop in interconnect charges going in favour of Telkom the beleaguered SA consumer will have no choice but to go for the cheaper communication service provider. Service does not really matter to the masses. Telkom mobile unit will grow 20 times in the next 5 years. It currently holds 1% of the SA market. Govt wants it to get to 20% and will stop at nothing.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i have telkom mobile prepaid on my IPAD...cheap, fast, and always on. The Telkom Mobile stores are efficient,and i suppose becos its all digital...no copper wires to dig up and no drying up of water in boxes...so ther-in lies the growth question, can its mobile wing compete with and grow their subscibers compared to the other 3. Now, if Cell C were to merge with Telkom Mobile, and you have Knott Craig and his son, managing both mobile wings, this could fly. If i were Buffet, i would buy off Cell C and buy 51% of TKG and do the deal...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
As far as I know he likes to buy companies that's actually making money and not just burning it. Anyone buying into a company were the ANC has any form of bargaining power is just plain stupid.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I agree, TKG is burning money, but add CELL C and a bigger shareholder , surely control from the goverment can be taken away.....and the competition fellow is away on holiday ....
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Fek,I see Garth Mckenzie is considering this as his next trade with first target 29.50 and next 33.00 (if I remember correctly).Not sure if he is in yet.
0 Kudos