Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TKG target price

DR_1
Super Contributor
SBK research states a 1 yr target price, question is , when does the one year start?....If SBK is so convicned of the pricing in a year from now, will they be willing to gurantee the price i.e. I buy, if it does not reach R200 in a year, they make me good for the difference, if it goes above that they can have the balance..
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Funny that they have a 1-year target based on fundamentals of R200 but based their technical analysis there's a head and shoulders target of somewhere nearer 30/40. Quite a beeg difference.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the SBK TA guy and the FA girl went through a messy divorce 6 weeks ago and they have woved to never speak to each other again
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Based on the current price is has a market cap of around R55bn, they are about to sell a 15 % share of VODACOM to vodafone for R22bn leaving them with a 35% share in vodacom, meaning there stake in vodacom is worth about R70bn alone. So buying telkom at these levels gives you a discount on vodacom shares and all other business in telkom come free... hence looks like a very good buy... OMO
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
one year from now, an no we do not pay you if it fails to reach. read the small print.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Let me give u a good tip.They will recommend the share a BUY all the way down to the bottom with the super expensive analysis they have. In the end they will sell it tell u about it and u can safely buy it from them!
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Imagine of anyone that gives an opinion actually had to back it up financially. Man that would make people really think hard before opening their mouths.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree... but after the shareholder meeting and posting of the circular, we might see a weak conversion ratio of TKG to Vodacom shares - perhaps this is why the market hasn't reacted to TKG as expected yet?
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
The test is where are people willing to put their money and acuracy. See how AMS was hammered by SBK on their accuracy of planning, I wonder if SBK will release a note in simialr tones of their ability to forecast other co's. just a thought....
0 Kudos