Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TKG

klapka
Super Contributor
What is going on with the trading on this share? It spiked at 115 earlier today. Now flat whilst market is up nearly 4%. It is trading every day in a very narrow band sometimes only 1 cent between bid and offer. Then there are constant 1 share sales at vastly lesser or greater amounts as if manipulation is being attempted. This goes on every day. What gives?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
CrownA
Super Contributor
That 1 share on offer is to catch someone on the stop loss buy/sell @market. Stop losses don't work - put in alerts, and go and look yourself.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
I agree.. stop losses can be manipulated. I have been shafted using stop losses.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Manipulation, me think. Someone is buying big chuck of Tkg.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I would suggest two thorts .. firstly, manipulating a share with over R100million trade per day is a very very expensive and ultimately useless persuit .. secondly the 1 share trades and very obiviously part trades .. an a third is that they are very much within the range ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Hmmm, up 4% this morning, down over 2% now. Somebody managed to scare the buyers off!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It happens alot with Tkg. Goes up nicely, then takes a moer of a klap. It coming down to that 104ish support before it recovers again
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Hey, why doesnt net nanny detect the word 'moer'? As far as stop losses go, they are dangerous but the speed at which the system enters your trade is a big benefit - far quicker than we can submit a trade on this platform.
0 Kudos