Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOP 5 LARGE CAPS FOR 2015

mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Hi Guys Any suggestions please for top 5 large (or medium to large) caps for this year? Happy investing
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Chopchop
Contributor
Richmond, Steinhoff and Sasol, would be my top 3
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Steinhoff, Discovery, Remgro, Aspen, Naspers, SAB
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
NPN, SHF, MDC, DSY, OML.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Gridrod, Rhodes Foods, Taste Holdings, Ascendis Health
0 Kudos
manere_fortis
Frequent Contributor
APN,DSY,SHF,SOL,MTN
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
REM, GND, MPC, SOL gamble with PPC & IMP
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
REM, GND, MPC, SOL gamble with PPC & IMP
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Discovery, Steinhoff and a bank (Barclays my pick). A REIT of your choice - (Hyprop, ArrowB) and Zeder.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
APN, NPN, SAB, CPI, BVT.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
APN, BAT, GND, SHF, WHL.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
For one, many of us including myself like Richemont for 2015. (no real action in last 12 Months.) However Tiffany got badly hit in US today as it did not make the expected numbers and the talk in RSA is that prosperity? in US might be good for CFR numbers. Will just wait and see, what comes up on 15th Jan? me thinks some concerns - hope I am wrong. I am trying not to be a big buyer at the moment and important to at least preserve my capitol as growth will come. I stay with my Reinet, Trencor, Old Mutual (added ++) Richemont and surprise Amplats
0 Kudos
Contributor
And to think I sold my WHL at R15 a share after buying at R12 a few years ago! I just see red at the moment. A lot of shares look really cheap. Anglo under R200? I never thought I would see this again. Mail me if you like at [email protected] if you want to compare notes on shares we both own.
0 Kudos