Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOP SBN- Calling all warrant experts.

DZ
Contributor
Are these prices right? It seems that when the market falls 2-3% then it falls 5-8c. But when the market is up 2-3% then it only gains 1-2c. Big difference! Aren't SFM supposed to be market makers?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
not an expert, but current price bid 8 and offer 9 is right. earlier on, sbk was either asleep or havin problems coz prices on both top sbn and sbo didn't seem to be movin with the index. be careful of topsbn coz of the time decay
0 Kudos
DZ
Contributor
you right. i held on expecting the correction to bounce back as the last two did, if I held on I would have made nice profits. So as not to make the same mistake I did away with the stop loss and I held. But now I reckon even if the index gets back to where it was a month ago I will still be down. Just hoping to recover some losses. But I'm thinking of going for satrix 40 futures once market calms down.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
I found out that all the warrants work on the ALSI TOP 40 Future for their spread, which is not exactly in synch with the TOPI we can see. So the market makers can pull away before you see the change. A pet gripe of mine that we can't see the ALSI TOP40 Future on SB, escpecially in Price Streamer!!! Come on SB - provide a better service - continuous improvement I say!
0 Kudos