Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPDWK

Rynos
Not applicable
What was the barrier for TOPDWK
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
leminus2
Regular Contributor
It was 23500, luckily I sold off mine on wednesday......
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
General rule of thumb - don't trade them under 100c, if you do, watch them like a hawk and don't keep them over-night.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hmm, usual spread is about 60 points on index per 1c price move. so at 100c you are talking a ratio of 6000 point above where the barrier is??? thats very very coservative usage for what is a geared product designed to be more risky with the assocoaited rewards.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Me and math are not good friends. But me and this risk instrument are getting closer all the time.
Yesterday morning this product was trading at 100(and something), then the dive. Toward the end of the day of trade yesterday, before the close, you could buy some of these below 100c - and by the time you could trade them this morning the market had gapped below the barrier. Anyone speculating may have anticipated a potential bounce, bought below 100c with a hope of doubling or trippling their money this morning - and that is never a good idea.
And the market didn't gap down as much as what you suggest it needed to in order for the warrant to reach barrier.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry this is a Deutcsh product (DW), did not look at the code. Their waves (KO's) have a different gearing and spread. But yes high risk high reward I guess. I lost my pants years ago on DW products and have not been back to them since.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
ITs a pretty nasty product - only worth sacraficing a few socks.
0 Kudos