Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPDWS v TOPDWR

Not applicable
hmm, all my fellow wave riders have jumped ship to TOPDWS... Anyone know the gearing & barrier?
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Not applicable
Gearing = 2x Barrier = 27000
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
s= 27000 AT *25 TIMES GEARING....
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Moves R0.14 for every 100 points
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DWR moves 16c per 100pt, so about 60x gearing at this stage... Why the change over to DWS, barrier too close?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
DWR have a 10000 cover ratio - moves R0.08 for every 100 points
0 Kudos
Not applicable
they are not wave riders they are pusilanimous bulls..not the kind we want on board in any case...better they get off and drown now.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I am just waiting for the BULL's to take a well deserved brake before the next journey north.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rather a pusilanimous bull than an agnostic bear.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well deserved break? for what ...they have been doing sweet b..all for about a month..despite having all the help they could get. They need to get cracking...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi chartist, I was sleeping last week. Is there still the chance to go to the african energy thing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi John...it ended on Friday...the overiding theme was a shortage of generation capacity in Africa...the Russians and the Chinese were courting the Heads of African utilities in a big way and I facilitated some of these meetings....there is great potantial for companies supplying products used in power generation (nuclear included). The South Affricans will gave to catch a wake up though cause inroads are being made...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sounds like I am buying lunch...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist.. In Germany the Utlities have to buy back any electricity generated buy the alternates, ie if I have a solar pannel producing excess. Do you think this kind of thing could/should happen in SA>
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes....at the moment the electricity act does not allow for any producers to feed directly into the grid hence the problems the guys are having at the West Coast wind farm. Our Editor is doing an interview with the regulator and one of the things he will be looking at is the issue of centralised generation...already big in the states ...known as co generation...does require work such as adjustment off tarrifs to allow non commercial users to have a time of use tarrif ....a fascinating field....will soon see residential users interacting with the grid in a big way ....selling electricity back to the grid at peak demand times from storage devices such as electric cars...basically you load up at non peak times at a lower rate ..store it and resell during peak demand at a higher rate (all automatically of course) ....electricity has never been able to be stored ....the ubiquitous use of electric cars will change this in the future....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
WHy is there such resistance to change the act do you think. Seems like a no brainer, intrest free loans to the poor, solar panels and wind turbines making them cash for sitting at home doing jack!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Chartist, this is the "brake" I was refering to.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
CE - Are you trading Topdws
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Not in my life bro !! It's BULL territory, I trade TOPDWM & TOPDWK.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
I have also been waiting for the pull back, feel more comfortable trading the topdwm and topdwk wave - just like the positive side to trading. How low can she go today. when the rates announcement
0 Kudos