Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI Resistance

sponono
Super Contributor
VI/Rams where is your resistance on the Topi. I have 26,733.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
TOPI sees SPREAD TRIPLE BREAKOUT.Target 27700.FINI on a new BUY as well.Target 8200....However,both are entering a web of resistance. Personally,I shorted another contract today at 26700.And now I wait.If it breaks up further,the above targets will represent next SHORT-area.(and another 2 contracts.)...now let's see where this yo-yo TOPI goes.Fun isn't it.Like playing Space Invaders or PacMan.What does the next screen hold ?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Pac Man, yo-yo, space invade, where have my youth gone. Shakespear wrote "Gather thy rosebud, whilst still young", these day i am changing my baby dipper, filled with wholesome goodness.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
looks like the down trend is over. check out the many buy divergences on the stocks. this chart also tells a different story, the bulls are rising mate http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-92huumIirrg/TlpBvABOWEI/AAAAAAAAAWw/5zeytxvPRGc/s1600/Sent082911.png
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mmm...could be a Fake-out Breakout.Make-out ?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
the TOPI is now trading above 27,100 if after market. hiha.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
looks like many stocks have broken resistance and the TOPI has traded throuhg 26,733 and 27,100. Platinum stocks have woken up slightly. Retailers are powering ahead, so much for the consumer coming under pressure.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ALSI below Topi .. which makes me long not with standing I had an entry anyways ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
+200 points and still ALSI beow Topi
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, IIRC from your course on index futures ALSI is always couple of hundred points below TOPI in pure numeric terms, or did I get it wrong?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, ALSI being the future should be above Topi as the future always costs more ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja, but Simon, Alsi is a September contract & pretty close to maturity, so the difference between Alsi and TOPI should be minimal?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, 50 points for the two weeks remaining, but it 125 below ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So how can that be tradable, because it is the direction that matters?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ideally long ALSI short Topi .. but I just long ALSI, had a few engulfing candles that pu tme into longs as well ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now I am confused. All instruments are based on the TOPI, aren't they?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, so you short topi with a basket of shares or via STX40 .. or you could do longer dated contract (dec11) ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, its your long ALSI, short TOPI statement that has got me confused
0 Kudos