Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI futures, gone again

Rams
Super Contributor
US markets down 2%, DOW down 325 points....
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
kwagga
Super Contributor
Correction in full swing
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
We had European contagion, US contagion, now this a really good one ....EMERGING MARKET contagion ....it just gad to spread....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
We could easily drop another 5-6% in the short term. Keep those eyes open for pockets of value appearing. Opportunity is knocking.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I be looking at MPC, VOD , LHC and BIL for long term . And ,trading; already about 1000 points on ALSI since yesterday's close
0 Kudos
magicactus
Frequent Contributor
You trading this gap, getting close to entry?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no, my short lying on the other side of the gap...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Waiting for jobs report....or market waiting for excuse to go up.....or down a bit more?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
So i suppose a short would be just silly right now?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, with stop loss in place, you could be short...or long
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
This is cuncky, i am sitting out, there is no rhythm - if there is i am not seeing it.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
the big losses come when you make a mistake, and not being in the market is a mistake...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i am long the index, up about 300 points in trading and accumulationg for long term investment...its my way in this market. will stop buying and start selling when the marktet tells me to.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
ok, thanks, i learn something every day.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Taking out 41685 would mean , another attempt for 42 723....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
41685 in sight now...the importance of taking out the high of 42723 is that this rally past that level means this is not wave B and no end of wave C low to follow at 38274...a green close today on ALSI will be confirmation to buy ...Simon just tweeted similar confirmation for the the Lazy AlSI(justonelap).
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and that on daily chart...had confirmation for long ALSi on 15 ninute chart on 6/02/2014...and this is 4th day green ..my stop moved into profit and now in a risk free trade.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
What was your stoploss when you started the trede, 500 points?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, about(at low of 39 783)
0 Kudos