Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI futures

sponono
Super Contributor
Dont know what happened to previous thread: glad I exited at 42200
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Rams
Super Contributor
I am still in....stop still far off...also have position on USD/ZAR short on MSM, so working out to be a "perfect hedge" on those longs. I decided to just do some calculations on 42200 where I think you called the exit accurately for that entry.At 42200' the stop would have been at 40 761....for a possible move to about 45000....the risk / reward looks okay if you get the reward, becos a loss would have been about R14390 per contract....now if that loss is too much, then the ALMI better option than STX 40 CFD.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
my worry was that I was up 7% on my VIX long, my interpretation was that the downside risk was much higher on the TOPI long
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Finding support at 30 day SMA: long now at 41400 stop loss 41100
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
looking for another short at 41500-41450 or higher on 15 minute.... I still have longs on daily, weekly with stops way below 41000...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
short with stop at high of day...first target at low of day. This is a busy place, and the gap makes "messy"...spinning a coin here
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
stop now at breakeven(41470)...
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
friday was move from long to short imo...rams your stop below 40800-40700 on longs? short may take us there.... right on move, so adding, not exiting...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Yes, 40760 on daily. Fed meeting more the trigger though, so I am keeping the stop. Still short on 15 minute though....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
came back to exactly low of day...first target.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Exited daily long at profit, as yesterday's close was below 21EMA....still long on weekly ALSI , and short on 15 min ALSI
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
41500 is a lekker nommer
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
you trying another long? today is cover rest of shorts and change back to long imo... see what happen 750-800 again....
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Covered shorts yesterday on 15 min....long since this am...now net long
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
yip looking at banking some profit possibly, may fail to break 750-800 here...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Might 41400 on the 15 mins
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
last 45 min on 5 min 3 trades 740 points each. was this result of the news specifically?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Hey Orange, you still here. If you referring to rate decision, No. Was a good trading day....market moved about 900 points and closed both gaps.....was a good day for USD/ZAR also....
0 Kudos
orange68
Super Contributor
i am rams, yep. from around 3 pm that was the result of the news/decision i gather. prior to that i agree it was good. ive developed a bad 5 min habit which im hoping to only use occasionally, seeing that i prefer 15 min...having said that extremely profitable none the less. you have a hand in all trading areas i see, i seem to understand a little and have a liking for index futures and equity. fx currency etc i find "intimidating".... newbie i guess
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
failed to break 750 yesterday(ended up being HOD), so was short again... yesterdays evening long in profit, so adding...
0 Kudos