Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI futures

Super Contributor
Dont know what happened to previous thread: glad I exited at 42200
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Super Contributor
I am still in....stop still far off...also have position on USD/ZAR short on MSM, so working out to be a "perfect hedge" on those longs. I decided to just do some calculations on 42200 where I think you called the exit accurately for that entry.At 42200' the stop would have been at 40 761....for a possible move to about 45000....the risk / reward looks okay if you get the reward, becos a loss would have been about R14390 per contract....now if that loss is too much, then the ALMI better option than STX 40 CFD.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
my worry was that I was up 7% on my VIX long, my interpretation was that the downside risk was much higher on the TOPI long
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Finding support at 30 day SMA: long now at 41400 stop loss 41100
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
looking for another short at 41500-41450 or higher on 15 minute.... I still have longs on daily, weekly with stops way below 41000...
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
short with stop at high of day...first target at low of day. This is a busy place, and the gap makes "messy"...spinning a coin here
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
stop now at breakeven(41470)...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
friday was move from long to short imo...rams your stop below 40800-40700 on longs? short may take us there.... right on move, so adding, not exiting...
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Yes, 40760 on daily. Fed meeting more the trigger though, so I am keeping the stop. Still short on 15 minute though....
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
came back to exactly low of day...first target.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Exited daily long at profit, as yesterday's close was below 21EMA....still long on weekly ALSI , and short on 15 min ALSI
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
41500 is a lekker nommer
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
you trying another long? today is cover rest of shorts and change back to long imo... see what happen 750-800 again....
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Covered shorts yesterday on 15 min....long since this am...now net long
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
yip looking at banking some profit possibly, may fail to break 750-800 here...
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Might 41400 on the 15 mins
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
last 45 min on 5 min 3 trades 740 points each. was this result of the news specifically?
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Hey Orange, you still here. If you referring to rate decision, No. Was a good trading day....market moved about 900 points and closed both gaps.....was a good day for USD/ZAR also....
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
i am rams, yep. from around 3 pm that was the result of the news/decision i gather. prior to that i agree it was good. ive developed a bad 5 min habit which im hoping to only use occasionally, seeing that i prefer 15 min...having said that extremely profitable none the less. you have a hand in all trading areas i see, i seem to understand a little and have a liking for index futures and equity. fx currency etc i find "intimidating".... newbie i guess
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
failed to break 750 yesterday(ended up being HOD), so was short again... yesterdays evening long in profit, so adding...
0 Kudos