Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI off 2%

cfm
Super Contributor
The last big down day is not that long ago, but most of us were on leave then. -2.46% on the 3rd of January 2007. Before that, beginning of September saw two big down days. A -2.38 and a -3.30% day.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
whats the next support level for the top40 ?? don't have my software with me
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
700 points down on the topi. doesn't look good...
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
23400 would be the 38% retracement of the up move that started 5 January. 23040 is a significant low.
0 Kudos
liquid
Contributor
futures aiming to test 23400
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
If Chartist were here, he would have said that today was what he was waiting for in terms of a pullback before getting back into the market...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Since he is not I am going to say this, the way I have lost most money is by hurring back into a falling market because it was" Cheap" Let the dust settle, we have had a great run, it may take longer to get going then you think.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
now off 3.3% and john is correct. Patience.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
John,Simon - I can't argue with that. I was secretly hoping this day would come before 28 Feb..Don't ask why.. I am going to make some long term buys on 1 March(even if there are no technical reasons to get in) because I belive that after all my reading, we are still in a bull market.. Agree/disagree???
0 Kudos
liquid
Contributor
Cant believe it, Chartist emailed me this morning and he went short - lucky bastard....
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Gotta think further back than Jan. - 7/06/06 TOPI 17824....8/06/06 TOPI 16597 for a 1227 point fall (-6.88%), next day 9/06/06 up 929 pts (+5.6%).....next day down 4.8%......ever since have been in a bull run.....Titty Twister on the corner offering free mechanical bull riding lessons....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok, where to from here. Will we see a recovery tomorrow?
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
Simon HELP! Something is terribly wrong. There is absolutely no correlation between the values shown on Price Streamer and the values on my normal trading window. I am trying to take profits on TOPDWP but I do not know what the real offer and sale prices are?????
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I asked Chartist if he see this "correction" to continue - his reply "yes, for a while"
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
Spoke to SB - Price Streamer DELAYED by up to 30 min!!!!!!!!!!! Web prices are correct. Don't know why I'm paying for Price Streamer. Seriously considering trading on another platform.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
website is correct. Price streamer is behind.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
Is that a green bar I see on my intraday graph? So, first test of support at 23400 held.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Today I doubled my money on DWZ.Could have been better if I could get my trades placed in "Normal"time.
0 Kudos