Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI off 2%

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so afr today. Can't remember when we last had a 2% drop in one day. Where the bears? They all short?
0 Kudos
38 REPLIES 38
liquid
Contributor
FTSE down from 6430 to 6330 in a few short hours... does anyone know why yet?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Following on from the China drop last night this is small change, It will make a lot of very nervous people more comfy when the dust settles, One things for sure, I will be on the beach come May.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i think its fantastic
0 Kudos
liquid
Contributor
how much is china down?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
was short overnight, went long way to early this AM after I sold short just after futures open
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
The bears have been short so long they don't have any money left.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
brazen, exactly. None around crowing about how this is the end of the world.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dont bite the hand that feeds you my friend, Win like you would lose ...with grace. Before you come back and say I am bitter cos I am losing money I am not, I have no money at risk today.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
must add short was only entered yesterday afternoon, idea wasn't long term, but only expected down to about 23,930 - still went long 24,049 or somewhere around there
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The above post was for Chris.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Snigger - win with grace - snigger. You trying to steal my Mother Theresa moniker?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Just cos our resident cross dresser has left us I am not up for the replacement. Plus she spent her life in a sh!t hole. I am going Dali Lama...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
maybe i should have elaborated more.... Im only loving it cause itll give me a good oportunity to reenter the top 40 in a day or twos time. I have lost a few grand today already but at least the market is healthy & not overheating.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
the current 23,830 doesn't look to bad for a long entry - will have to set stop at last weeks low of 23,580 though
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
the current 23,830 doesn't look to bad for a long entry - will have to set stop at last weeks low of 23,580 though
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
maybe 830 a bit to early as well
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Grrr. So busy watching my money doubling, didn't watch the forum. Mooohaha.
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
How long do you figure this correction could last?
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Scuba diving in a swamp.......Some reading for a teeny weeny bit of clarity on whats going on: http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20070227:MTFH76862_2...
0 Kudos