Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI

Not applicable
Anyone for a Gap play this morning ?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable
50 pts below 22685 and I might be in - want to see weakness in the FTSE though. Otherwise i will wait for DOW opening
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why 22685 ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
also seen a great gap trade in the ASX 200 on global trader, could your'l tell me when there is confirmation that the gap is going to close, because on some days it never does. what indicates a gap close..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It was the opening price as indicated on global trader. Note that I did not advocate this as my entry point, just that 50pts below would constitute a weak opening and a good possibility of a gap close. Now that the FTSE has had a crack at its gap and we didn't even flicker, seems to me that the odds of a continuation gap are quite high. Besides, i am long on your system, so its not like that i am praying for it either!!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
reuters has opening trade today on ALSI futures @ 22690 ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Well - It'll be an interesting day.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hmmmm, comms or shading maybe?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
same thing .. but surely at least make the chart accurate ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CART ADVISOR says:In looking at the chart for the S&P 500 SPDRS (NYSE:SPY) ETF, you can see the gap down on Monday that took the ETF below its 20-day moving average. The gap down was ominous at the time, and looked like it was the start of a deeper correction that would lead to a test of the July breakout. However, SPY recovered throughout the week, and cleared the small consolidation area it formed through July. As noted on the chart, SPY is starting to show a MACD divergence, which hints at waning momentum. The August low is now an important level to watch if the breakout ends up reversing next week.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CHART ADVISOR says:In looking at the chart for the S&P 500 SPDRS (NYSE:SPY) ETF, you can see the gap down on Monday that took the ETF below its 20-day moving average. The gap down was ominous at the time, and looked like it was the start of a deeper correction that would lead to a test of the July breakout. However, SPY recovered throughout the week, and cleared the small consolidation area it formed through July. As noted on the chart, SPY is starting to show a MACD divergence, which hints at waning momentum. The August low is now an important level to watch if the breakout ends up reversing next week.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
The 3 most powerful words in most of our existance.The 3 words that all of us will say at some point in our lives to the person that we hoped we would find during our lifetime.The female of the species tend to place more emphasise on these words cause they are emotionally more stimulated than males.Astonishingly,it's not these 3 words that saash finds comfort in,it's the 3 letters...G A P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja, there is a bit of inaccuracy but they have a mini-spread instrument that I have been using to build a variation on your lazy trade system. It is proving a very cheap way to trade, so I put up with the discrepancies
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And incidentally, does OST even have this information available? normally I have to look up the TOPI price on a 3rd party product before entering into a warrant.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Hmmm ... that's gotto be the oddest post I've ever seen my pseudo in.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
It's supposed to be humourous,but I can live with odd.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Looks like the breakout failed - gap close on its way?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Would this be a good time to exit?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What are you exiting - a long? Wait for clarity, direction not decided yet.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The long on the alsi. Just trying to work out an exit strategy.
0 Kudos