Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI....

Not applicable
Toppy.##That 50ma is uh....rather above the 200ma.50day at approx. 28 416...200ma at 26 023. ## = 8.4% difference. So, where's the reasonable Support ?The 38% Fib-retrace from the bottom in July2010 till the top in Jan 2011 sees us at 26 950. = a drop of another 5.8% quite possible for the TOPI.Wich also lines up with Horizontal Support.Conclusion: Watch Out ! There's still too much air up there.
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Not applicable
And looking at the USA, we see the QLD ( Longs- ProShares Ultra on the QQQQ) has given a SELL signal on the 60min P&F chart.One can clearly observe the 3 Waves Up since Sep2010.She warned ....in Jan.The only other sell signal was in Oct2010(which turned out to be a test at previous Horizontal Resistance,near the beginning of the Rally.) This one...sees her FAR ABOVE the Support Line.QLD at 89.06...with Bullish Support Line at 64. Yeah...bit of a stretch there.Percentage-wise.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So a little more unexpected volatility then you thinks? Wondering right now if this almighty push is a lasting effort or another storm before a correction again?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And a final tug on my Orwelian Stick(puff-puff) sees a scenario where the Central bankers view the management of Sheeple Perspectives as all-important, whilst Highly Organized Riots/Protests are spreading along the Mediterranean with full Mass Media Psy-Ops support.Yes, the mkts will see more and more devalued paper currency coming at it..BUT..it's going to get violent on those Charts.Fear is everywhere in this over-leveraged scenario.Basically buy on a significant pullback that may come.Patience will be a KEY factor in 2011 for successful Swing-traders.And hang on for that High-frequency Super-wave UP...Remember, it's a just a Videogame and Blockbusters are the Central banks.That's Mkts in 2011 and >>
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CPS: It's tricky right now.That's why my BIG trade is in GLD.GLD will feed off any Mkt mini-panic down to Support levels below.It's all about that Rand/$..and I like what it's doing.It's getting hot-money nervous.And that's just what the doctor ordered.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agreed, but will GLD not be a tracking market sentiment based play rather than a scurry to GLD due to unsubstantiated fear (VIX). A drop in DOW or other markets by a few hundred points in minutes would of course be ideal but could that happen again so soon? (Great depression had its ebs to positivity for a few years after the initial crunch before the long ugly haul back from the bottom) so lessons in history seem to be repetitive unless courses are set to intentionally alter the outcome. However the $/CNY could also be a watching point to keep eyes on this year. Power struggles from exploding economies and struggling powerhouses could see more "organised" protests in market segements that define current global needs, oil, rare earths, lead and copper etc. Desert options for gas and water (underground) and then the disposal of radio-active sludge could also influence global shifts. Just a few thoughts of my own this fine lunch hour.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, I beg to differ - volatile yes, but there has been a substantial selloff in midcaps, yet resources held their own which propped up the topi. Now we have a new resource push supported by metals prices climbing again - so that will drive the topi up - and if foreign emerging market funds start stocking up on mid-caps again (shoprite must be sitting on the radar somewhere for some funds), then I expect some big movements to come. In anycase, today, if still green at 4:30, marks a lazy trade long on the topi, so come on, you have to be in!! Rules of the forum (lol)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CPS:In short...I'm betting against the Rand to 7.8 to the $.If Gold gives a shove to $1400..= up GLD.We shall see.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
skaaptjop: Yeah ,this particular moment in mkts is,as inferred...tricky.I want to agree with you,coz the US Dollar Index is hanging on to P&F Support.Bullish Support Line is at 77.The last Closing Price >> 77.06 It can drop(mkts up) and hit Support at 75 and bounce,strengthen sharply and cause mkts to retrace.Right now,it's on a knife-edge either way.As I said at the beginning of this thread...there's too much air up there,as at.Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not in disagreement at all. The push over $1400 will be excellent and a damaging rand to that extent, yummy. Just alternatives for rand play to be decided after that, so looking around at other niché market segments might be just as interesting into 2012.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Niche-mkt alternatives....such as? let's do a brainstorm.It always perms my Hair....naturally.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Looks like lazy long confirmed!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Mmmm..OK. I drew the UpChannel since 16Mar2009.PRICE is now in the middle of that Channel.Between a Rock and a Hard place.Top of the Channel 31 400 which equals the High(approx) of 16 May 2008.The bottom of the Channel is at 26 254.That's a difference of 5 146 points.So, todays's close at 29270 sees us with a 2130pt push UP...or a drop of 3016 to the bottom of the Channel.Almost smack-dab in the Ambush Zone.Those STOPS will have to be closely watched.Short or Long.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
This looks like it!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Made R1200 on the drop but pulled out. Not interested in staying short in this market unless I actually see Mubarak aiming a gun at Obama's kids. The good money's in the long positions.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
which ever way the wind blows
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
at my back of course
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a 1000 pts of play till we deja-vu with May 2008's High area.Yes....it's a beautiful thing,but it's got that creepy touch, as in >> FLASH CRASH ! GOTCHA !....I mean, you know.(heh)Just look at the Negative Divergences on the OST Jurassic-TOPIchart Daily MACD and Weekly Stochastic.Bending like there's a Marlin at the end of the Line.Long Daytraders at 29600 = Cowboys.Cowboys don't Cry. I like Cowboys.Yeah...live fast,die young.And so I started an ALSI Futures account.I'll start with the Minis'.My first car was a Mini.Hated it.Terrible car to work on.So I shot it.No regrets. I'm the ALSI-Man.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
50ma now 8.22% above 200-day line.PRICE is 12.1% above the 200-day Line.###The CHART SIMILARITIES between this period and Jan 2008,quite eerie.When you look at the lazy 50ma curling down from a height, above its 200-day line,back then.## 26 113 is the 200-day line and joins with the bottom of the 2-yr Bull Channel. That's the BUY ! Yeah, if you were a Profiler for the F...B...I.. this is Serial Killer country.Watch your back.Hannibal says "Ffffffffff....I once met a Census-taker who annoyed me at the door.I had his liver with a Ciante' and some Fava beans...and another "Ffffffffff..."## Yes,I see, thank you,Sir.Naughty census-taker.All his fault....Can I go now ?
0 Kudos