Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI

Not applicable
Are we going UP or DOWN today ???? Any Ideas
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
I think that there's a chance we will go up. I also think that there's a chance that we will go down. There is, of course, an outside chance that we will end the day flat, but the probabilities are in favour of the market going up and down before we end flat.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
My bet is the same as yesterday's movement. Up this morning due to eastern markets rising sharply and then lower while waiting for direction from the DOW. If that is positive up we go!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Futures close out begins today,anyones guess.
0 Kudos
acehigh
Contributor
S&P / Nasdaq / Dow j / after hours futures are all in the red + our own Futures are in the red as well . So me thinks down . I hope not buy much , not holding shorts at the moment .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
perhaps the S&P/ Nasdaq / Dow J are in the red cos everyone is asleep?
0 Kudos
Wumpus
Frequent Contributor
My guess is down in the morning, up in the afternoon, ending 8 points in the green :-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the sleeping comment is a valid point. How much credability can we give to futures that are trading at 3am? The only people awake at that time are some insomniacs with nothing else to do. In the hour or so before opening they may have some validity, but even then the futures market is generally a follower not a leader, albeit it does/can pre-empt the opening movement.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
All very well Simon. But I'm not sure you should argue with someone who makes 30K a day trading.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
R30k a day is for wusses. If I don't make R30k while drinkin my first cup of coffee, I stomp on the cats head. Hell by breakfast I own half the JSE with my trading profits and Thursday sees me buy the US with the weeks profits. Next week I think I'll buy google, or maybe the sun, then I can charge earthlings for their daylight usage...
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
I think he was alluding to Zzzzzz.....
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
OK ... so where we going
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
Nowhere?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Nope, down.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
I think Brazen meant 30K as in 30 kwachas a day...
0 Kudos