Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPI

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Sharp decline on graph - what's news? Shows in my portfolio as well and it shouldn't
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
john_1
Super Contributor
Chatty rule number 3... when you think you can't lose you are about to. worry not why the market is moving just make sure you move with it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Northern...5th biggest Mortgage lender in UK in trouble....John this just shows why you cannot have overnight positions....I have a feeling you were long at the close?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nah! I came very close ... Rule "one protect capital". long overnight does not alow me to to keep rule one.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
So tell me did you recieve my email with invatation, or should I take silence as a no.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
following the (lack of) indent, I suppose the invitation could have been for me? :-)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chatty you are more than welcome, would you like to find out were you will be doing that pole dance!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Must admit I made a typo on the heading, was actually checking the ALSI - but 700 points fall was disturbing at that time (lots recovered since then) and I thought the 13th was postponed to today just to f^7k the weekend up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Reminds me of a movie I saw once - called "Chatty Chatty Bang Bang" ... or is that Chitty Chitty?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You guys're are not rough enough, thought some lap dancing was on the menu. I'll skip this one.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
That's Chitty Chitty. Sheesh, that was a long time ago.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Reminds me of the blue movie version : "Chitty Chitty GANG Bang"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John is that the invite for the menage with your wife you have assumed correctly....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John if that is the invite for the menage with your wife you have assumed correctly....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Chartist are you see the volumes going throught the topi..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes John thats what happens when everyone is long.....so now they are selling and in a few days time they will have to rebuy.....these impatient longs will now join the shorts in buying back the index which is going to result in an almighty rally next week...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well I am short and have been since just after 9am, but will go long at first smell of the bull.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Yesterdays massive volume was a crash to the upside, or a classic blow-off to the upside on high volumes.This implies a short-term top is in..
0 Kudos