Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPIC; RESPONCE; OPINION

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Hi, forumites. Something from my chest - please try to follow the implied convention that, should you reply directly to a posting, choose that entry line and your reply will appear as an indented responce; if you would air a new opinion under a topic go ahead by just making an entry under the main topic. This would enhance readability. Look at the following extract from a recent posting: Re:Shares for the Future by ABuzz on 05 Jun 07:44 Hi Blik - It would depend on what you are trying to achieve by holding them for 15-20 years. Personally, I wouldn't keep any share for that long as I believe you would do better trading shares with your R 50 000 over that period rather than holding onto one stock only. Are you after dividend returns? Or are you wanting Capital Growth? Re:Re:Shares for the Future by Preston on 05 Jun 08:04 ABUZZ - I think i know where you are going with this.??? as opposed to: Re:Shares for the Future by ABuzz on 05 Jun 07:44 Hi Blik - It would depend on what you are trying to achieve by holding them for 15-20 years. Personally, I wouldn't keep any share for that long as I believe you would do better trading shares with your R 50 000 over that period rather than holding onto one stock only. Are you after dividend returns? Or are you wanting Capital Growth? Re:Re:Shares for the Future by Preston on 05 Jun 08:04 ABUZZ - I think i know where you are going with this.??? o m o
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Dude, I'm a chest man meself, but I don't get your post..
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
My Dearest Chattychat Uhhhhhh? What are you on about?. The reliability as well as relevance of the information is 100% correct. We are providing insight on his posssible investment decision? Did you not watch Summit TV yesterday at 8:30 , a topic of similair substance was discussed.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
He is saying that if you want to continue the train of thought do it like this or
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Just follow on what john has done above - you'l get the drift and your accuracy will then be more appreciated. :-)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Sorry . I still do not get what you are trying to bring across. Whether implied or direct ... I am seriously not in mind game? bring your point across clearly and concisely. You must remember that every comment given , have got an history attached to that remark and sometime that comment needed to tested for reliability.. I guess i must post you a joke for the Day?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
I get the drift (always had) - but I notice you are on the right track. At least john grasped the reasoning immediately. No mind games, just order in the woods. And it was not meant personal, should the thought be a bug. :-)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Sorry Dude . I believe that i was a bit harsh on my side . I do get your point.(fair point)
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Hi, Preston, this ending brings out some greatness. Enjoy the forum.
0 Kudos