Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPWDQandR

Not applicable
Shame dwq went to pot couple of days ago, dwr heading the same way. Why do people still play this thing. the onlhy one making money out of this is Deucthe Bank
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tango
Super Contributor
Bingo. You've worked out how the game is played. Punters buy hope (options). Issuers make money. I'd love to see some hard stats on the number of warrants that expire worthless while people are still holding
0 Kudos
Namib
Contributor
Steelhead....I suppose u mean shame to guys who actually hold a wave till it busts?..I do not favour shorting in a bull market, but I do use some spare cash once in a while in my favour wrt waves when the market shouts for a correction. My focus would still remain on the trend, but I would use waves during corrections....or are there no corrections on your screen? Bare in mind that all the investment tools have their applications....it all depends on u'r interpretation thereof. I bought some topdwr this afternoon taking into account the status of the TOPI and the long weekend in the US. Shame u say? Be kind to me tomorrow...if it goes against me, smile with me if it doesn't......but don't load shame on us who use the derivitaves market for what it was meant for.....if u'r on this forum u are gambling too, no?? My other trades are bull focussed with stops.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Tango, we agree on lots of issues around warrants - but not this. Holding till worthless is not the fault of the product, it is the traders fault (but then I know you weren't blaming the product).

And as things stand now most warrants are expiring in the money because we're in a bull market and there are always more calls then puts. So if one is holding a worthless one at expiry is is because you tried to short the bull, and there is lots (in facty stacks) of people tryign that and paying the price. But a little bit of trader discipline would change that in a second, but hey they figure stop loss is for sissies ???
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
Well i hope we will smile together since i made the same choice. Burnt my fingers a bit with topdwq but it doesn't scare me. Better luck next time i say. Like you say if the door is open try it, we will never know whats on the other side. Otherwise we'll all be rich??
0 Kudos
Namib
Contributor
Good luck sax....I'll stick around till the TOPI hits 25500, then I'm out! Nice little profit of 20K at the mo.
0 Kudos
sax
Frequent Contributor
dido, got out @ 93 so i'm smiling. Nice little profit for the morning sickness of my futures.
0 Kudos