Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - ANY BUILDERS OUT THERE?

Not applicable
I am looking for a reliable builder/building company to handle a MASSIVE project. To start with build 12 (show) houses then 5000 of whatever design/s are chosen, then up to 20,000 houses, then 50,000 houses.

We are looking at about 100,000 houses over the next three to five years. Anyone brave enough??? Email me [email protected] for details. BTW you start in the Eastern Cape ASAP if you interested.
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I be busy this weekend .. but try calgro M3 ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Before I forget, there is a procurement fee payable by you/your company to get exclusivity to this job. Its worth over R500,000,000-00 (Five hundred million). Tnx
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hehehe....me to and for the next few weeks. else I would love to do it.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
CPS, what are you up to now again?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I havn't made any profits so far today. Might need a job by this weekend. Does it come with milfs?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
It's an old-age home. Course it comes with milfs.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My part time hobby, Humanitarian projects for under-Privileged communities in Africa. See its not all about the money....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is that MILFS wiff or wiffout teef?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is that MILFS wiff or wiffout teef?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK, before Simon bans this thread, is the project funded? Is it in SA? I am busy with a similar scope one outside of RSA at the moment, so I might be interested in having a crack at it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Come on guys, keep it real. Skaap yes its in in RSA and is funded, mail me and I will send you details. Tnx
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi Simon we are a building compay.pls e-mail more info on how to join your project to [email protected] .eastern cape wont be a problem at all.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Minno, I will email you in the morning. Just finalising the document that you will need. BTW not Simons project but something I am involved in ;-) Not to worry though I am not picky about it...Simon is a great legend to be associated with ;-)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
CPS - I'm translating your email as: We're a company that have never done this before. We're looking to tender for a large project and we have funding for 12 small houses. If we get this project and the competition is stiff, we think we will make some easy money off this (which is a joke off course seeing that every Tom, ***** and Harry will tender for this) because of the poor conditions in the housing construction industry and small margins due to massive competition. We are so desperate now that we have reached the short list that I'm even advertising on an OST site for possible builders. If my above assumptions are correct then good luck to you, but don't ask me for any help. If my assumption is wrong and you're a serious operation with the right credentials then follow the TIP. TIP - Contact Jigsaw in Centurion - www.jigsaw.co.za these brothers are seasoned developers and realtors. They own Aida, Realty1 and ERA, but the company in the group you're looking for is MacHaus. They are the largest properly owners in Rustenburg and have many contractors on their books that manage large scale developments for them. They even import their own building material. If your serious contact them, but if you're a onetime chancer they'll feed your for the lions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga, thanks for the TIP.

Well I know the sceptisism out there but the project is 100% legitimate. There is ZERO and I mean ZERO tendering for this project as the contracts are signed and in place for the building to start ASAP.

The problem we have is exactly what you pointed out, that it is every TD&H builder that is wanting a piece of the pie and they all come with massive promises and cannot deliver a cent of experience in large scale projects.
The initial project is worth over R100 mil to start with and escalates from there.

The other issue is that the "larger" contractors/builders don't see the project as worth their while as it is not the billion rand contracts they want from Government etc.
Tnx for the point out again. IYO will these guys be serious about looking at this type of project?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
They are serious at making money in a credible way. My best guess is that they are also under pressure seeing that the realty market is in tatters and the construction business is not exactly booming. One thing you can rely on is credibility and professionalism and that is something you're going to search long and hard for in the business you're looking at. It's a family business run by two brothers (one is the MD and the other the FD) and they know what they are doing, so expect a straight forward approach with no beating around the bush. They even own shares in an attoney firm, so transfers are managed smoothly and they keep their finger on everything. It you want the job done talk to them, you have nothing to lose. I'd rather risk making less on a project of this scale than risk loosing all due to dodgy dealings with all promise and no delivery contractors. MacHaus will either decline on doing the job and give you their reasons or do it successfully.
0 Kudos