Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOUCH DOWN

Project_Directo
Super Contributor
12% left till empty,lol
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Up 10% in Sydney on good production figures, also makes the Rio deal fall nicly into place,imo,
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Also looking at getting in. Problem is its problably to late as it will open surely open 2-3% higher
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
and will power up into the 240 ish early feb on the take over news, get in or stay put,imo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
IMO. looks like BIL is gonna fly high. Time to get in. What do u think???
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Looking a lot more like TOUCH UP,hehe, lol who called the bottom, te he
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
THE GOVERNMENT OF BRAZIL has opposed Vale, the Brazilian mining giant, approaching Xstrata and offering a bid of up to $100 billion for Xstrata. Vale said on Monday it was in talks with its Anglo-Swiss rival about a takeover, a deal that analysts said could top $100 billion in one of the biggest mergers ever. (Reuters News, Jan 24) BHP BILLITON in South Africa produced record half-year output at its Hillside aluminium smelter in six months to December. The Hillside smelter in Richards Bay produced 358,000 tons of aluminium in the half-year. At Mozal, near Maputo, 134,000 tons of aluminium were produced, which equals the previous record in the same period in 2006. However, coal production at local mines had declined 12 percent. (Business Report, Johannesburg, Jan 24)
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
If one reads Kloppers' sales pitch on the RIO deal one will observe that S.A. hardly gets a mention! Was published on SENS about a month or so ago!
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
would you put a project pipeline of 6bill US in Jacob Zumas back yard, or Aussie, OUTBACK,EASY ANSWER,hey.!!lol
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
My sentiments exactly!
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Bil up another 5% in Sydney, but not today on our one.imo, tommorrow?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BIL has broken down from a broadening frormation and this rally is merely a retracement. Maybe one or two days more upside then down to its new target of somewhere low R150's (R153.50).
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Skippo,Bils graph on the JSE absolutly mimmics the ASX graph, i dont see your tune mate!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You'll be singing it soon mate! lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sydney Closed. Australia Day Holiday - Usually 26 Jan?
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Skip, with a PE OF 8 AND EARNINGS AT RECORD LEVELS OF 11BILLION US, aren`t you missing something, boet!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
know nothing of that sort of stuff, i'm a technical trader and the chart is telling me what it's telling me, what can I say... it is what it is.
0 Kudos
gida
Contributor
for now biliton is down? is sidney open or not?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sydney was closed this morning. Will open aroudn midnight for Tuesday trading.
0 Kudos