Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TRADING ON IPAD

Rams
Super Contributor
Can you trade (OST) on IPAD?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
You can access OST website using the super fast Safari internet browsing , download the Bloomberg application for free , etc . But no charting programs like Share Magic , Amibroker , Etc will work on the Apple OS though :-( ,. On the latest MacBooks you can install Parallels that run Windows and Windows Programs in a application and still have all the advantages of a Mac ( no viruses , instant start up , etc ) I use my Iphone Bloomberg app and are very happy with it would defn recommend an Ipad if you not going to need the technical analysis programs.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't buy an iPad, wait for gen2, or even better the xoom which looks awesome ..
0 Kudos
Wall-E
New Contributor
hi I use mu iPad for trading when not in front of my PC and is working fine with the new change to the Web.
0 Kudos
Wall-E
New Contributor
hi I use my iPad for trading when not in front of my PC and is working fine with the new change to the Web.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have to agree with Simon there, wait for the Xoom.
0 Kudos
Whatsup
Contributor
What is a Xoom?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Window 7 Pad me think is the best on the market ... 3x faster than the Ipad ... spec's as follows ....INTEL ATOM 1.66GHZ DUAL CORE CPU, 1GB DDR2 RAM, SAMSUNG SATA 160GB HARDDRIVE, 10.1 INCH CAPACITIVE MULTI-TOUCH TOUCH SCREEN LCD, WXGA LCD RESOLUTION: 1024 X 576, INTEL GMA 3150 GRAPHICS CARD, BUILT IN 10/100 ETHERNET PORT, BUILT IN WI-FI 802.11 B/G, 3 X BUILT IN USB, FRONT HD CAMERA BUILT IN, PRE-LOADED WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE, BUILT IN ACCELOROMETER, LANGUAGE: ENGLISH, COLOUR: BLACK, INCLUDES: POWER ADAPTER AND FREE LEATHER CASE, WEIGHT: 1.06 KG, SIZE: 290 X 150 X 20mm
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
from a total Apple fanatic - iPad rules! hehe... i love the thing and use it all the time... the iPad app for US shares (iStockManager) is awesome, OST needs to create something like this!
0 Kudos