Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TRADING SYSTEMS

sasa
Regular Contributor
Any comments on preferred mechanical trading systems - eg Amibroker, ShareWealth, Sharefinder, Sharetracker etc. I am looking for a simple to operate system that will generate buy / sell signals based on selected risk profiles. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
sponono
Super Contributor
buy the historical high. PERIOD.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an a 12 month high ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sasa, not sure how many of those are mechanical systems .. some just charting systems ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Read "the little book that beats the markets" for a Benjamin Graham derived mechanical system that has a proven track record.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Ben Graham rules. i learnt alot from his books!
0 Kudos
WarningGP
Contributor
go to sharenet.co.za, the bottom of their page has a few ideas... & stay away from over priced stuff such as the LSI software...
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Thanks - does anybody have any experience of the Share Wealth system?
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
I have been using it for 6 years and find it brilliant. It is currently giving me a compound annual return of 17.5% even though we have had a sideways market for a year and the GFC before that.
0 Kudos
phil031
Not applicable
I have been using Share wealth Systems mechanical trading tool for the last 4 years and it has given me a compounded annual return of 19%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have been using the Sharewealth SPA3 Mechanical trading system for 6 years and found it to have a very positive edge on the market with good results. The online education webinars and helpful public forum for members take a lot of beating.
0 Kudos