Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TRU - buy Opportunity?

Pots
Contributor
Anyone out there care to confirm whether Truworths is now a very good buy for a 6 week period?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
OST and looking at TRUcfd's
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It is on good support and oversold.You might get a little bounce but it still doesn't look good.There is a lower target still from a head and shoulders higher up,so it might end up at that thick support area around 8100.If you buy make sure you have a stoploss in place.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Truworths is still looking bearish IMO. I would wait for MACD (12-26 EMA) to go above 0 to indicate a change in direction, specially if you will be trading CFD's. Next support level looks to be around the R83.50 . What's your views? What technicals or fundamentals are you using?
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Thanks For the responses - I use Stochastic and RSI which were both signaling a buy. Also noted that R87.00 was strong support price (Jun and Sep 2012) and it was hugging bottom Bollinger Band. Also noted that further drop could go all the way down to R79.00. From a fundamentals view-point they have cash and been consistent with increased dividends year after year.
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Oh - forgot to mention that Sanlam's been buying into Tru
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
been oversold since 22 Feb, both RSI and Stoch, why do you think oversold is a buy now? and why RSI and Stoch?
0 Kudos
Pots
Contributor
Treat Sto as leading and rsi as lagging and while both have been in oversold rsi started moving up (breaking) 30. When both start? turning up I treat as entry point. *PS* Retract comment that Sanlam buying Tru Sanlam buying into LEW so not sure why LEW heading south
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
There is a buy divergence on the daily rsi and sto. This might indicate a short term rally coming up.
0 Kudos