Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TRU

BC02
Super Contributor
Tried posting the comment on TRU but seems somethings faulty with the forum.
Anyways
Current price exactly on trend line, bullish div on stochs, Stochastics getting ready for an oversold signal.
If R 100 support holds still looks good.
Fundamentally retail sales come out better than expected yesterday and from what I've heard TRU sales didnt disappoint either.

Any thoughts on TRU?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Rams
Super Contributor
trading or investing...from technicals, trend down on daily but up on weekly...if trading derivatives, i would wait for the turn on daily
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Its a tech analysis.
I reckon the downtrend on the daily is simply a bull flag playing out.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
what bullflag? A bull flag makes lower lows and lower highs and not the other way round.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
shows how much you know....a bullish flag makes lower lows and higher highs and a bearish flag makes higher highs and higher lows...basic basic stuff normally 3-4 bars
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Flag not wedge. Pennant not flag. Tut tut Bonzo.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
spsono remember the last time i said u were making a mistake?...we were at 31K beginning of the year (FEB)...you told me i was totally wrong when i said bulls would not step up to the plate..you gave a list of reasons as long as my arm as to why we would be going higher...33 0000 or something...u went very very quiet when we fell to 2200 points to 28800...I certainly wont be taking any technical advice from you...the market always has the final say...always
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
trading is not a competition: you make a call if you are wrong you accept and move on and not dwell on what happened 8 months ago. By the way check out the chart of SLM between 12 April and 25 May for a classical bull flag: lower highs and lower lows.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hehe funny....conveniently moving right along then! no its not a competition but is is about getting the basics right and learning from your mistakes...
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Ive uploaded my chart:
http://chartupload.com/viewer.php?file=31185862158004943153.jpg

If my analysis is wrong please let me know, it would be much appreciated.

Seems sortof moot as the price went crashing today, but maybe I still learn something.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
OK Bonzo if it be the market that has final say then why you try so hard to beat it to it? Tell again about those stops and the 2000 points please Bonzo, its time for my afternoon nap.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
Add: It also looks like an Elloit wave structure, busy completing wave 4, heading for wave 5. But dont know all the rules to Elliot wave to be honest.
There seems to be +ve divergence on the charts.

Cant figure out why it dropped 6% today...
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Looks like you and BC02 are also one and the same. When you going to admit to all of your deceptions? Maybe not, my time is too short.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ok lets save everyone the excrusiating manifestation of your paranoia ...let me state that I am the same person as all the people that disagree with you and find obnoxious....we are all one...so no need to ppoint it out in future....disagree with FREDSED = Realchartist...simple...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and thats why the trend on weekly is up and down on daily...wait for both to be in sync...all these flags and stuf fonly matters if it forms part of a system and you have clear exits.
0 Kudos