Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Take over bid by jubilee...looks like no one likes it?

Mr_S
Super Contributor
1 jubilee share for every approx 15 BRE shares. Anyone hold jubilee stock? what are the prospects of this company long term? i think i must do some research just in case.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Galuc
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
yes cause they will be overpaying for jbl shares at current prices.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
they offering 15.818 bre shares for 1 JBL.. as a rough example take yesterday's BRE close and that gives you a price of R9.965 is wat they paying..hence the drop in BRE today to try and match JBL currnt price.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks, ja get it. Was looking from JBL perspective not BRE. Why is this good for JBL?
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
well i guess they get the conroast technology in the bag! - i seem to not like this either, after thinking about it...i think ill contact investor relations! its even worse if we are paying more for jubilee!!, whats the logic in that? we have the special patented (for 10 years) technology, good prospects, now we get taken over! too bad they didnt hold an AGM in SA!!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
just read the article it said 'conroast is arguably one of the more important technologies developed in the platinum industry' - i have to say im quite disappointed! and personally i had no idea braemore had problems raising capital etc...hmmm oh well, guess here's one more lesson i must learn!
0 Kudos