Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Talking to myself

Preston
Super Contributor
This is not investment advice.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Preston
Super Contributor
If i was you and you were me and if both minds think alike, i would buy 500 whlnii (woolworths share installment) at current price and hold it for some time. Also remember good money management strategy is very important.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I'm impressed !
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
BARRY - what is your opinion wrt this thread?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
gosh we seem to post at exactly the same time. See my comment above!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@barry, thanks (smiles) @Pepi, FOCUS on good money management strategy (stop losses), let the profit run.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Note to myself: Retailer watch list from 1 Jan 2013: WHL -10.75% TBS -7,81% SHP -20,23% MSM -38,52% MPC +11.05% Trading even conditions tougher this year. Steer clear.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
note from the chart: "I am going down"
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Be precise...What price?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Note from my indicator and effect sheet - interest rates go up, retailers go down.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@kwagga, interest rate goes up, all shares goes down due to revaluation based on the Present value calculation.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
52 ...or put another way, the actual price not relevant, the movement/direction is more important.....
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So why punt a retailer when that is the case ? Trend is down on this one and the trend is your friend.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Sure no not the time to buy, but when the blood letting is over WHL has the edge as it appeals to slightly better heeled individuals.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
And better heeled individual s not buying clothes from Woolies .....that a problem. Also , less heeled in more volume, so MPC for clothes and SHP for food ....
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
ramsie dont worry we know u buy your clothes at pep stores. christo thanks u.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
WHL is the only place I can buy my thermal woolies!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Try Cape Union Mart and Trappers Trading. ;-)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
@kwagga, any price below R58.61, then the trend is down.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
We might get a short term bounce, but it won't last. This share has gone nowhere in the 13 months. It is trading way under the 200 MA. The trend is down.
0 Kudos