Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tanking

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, brazen. I needed that for my cnbc, but you was 10 minutes late.
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
simon thanks for your advice on cnbc ,i hold 2 blue chips and am not a trader..i will follow your logical advice thanks
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
to clarify I was short from 19780 to 19420 and went long at 19750 and was stopped at 19780 so it was a bit of a dud trade. I currently hold nothing
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please pass the 2-ply!!! .. wonder how many forumites going to be "active" in future after this . Some of us might have a better chance at Ceasers
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
neg volumes are overwhelming the DOW. Been picking up the last 10 min or so. This continues and we open another 1000 down tomorrow
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dude u have no idea how pissed off I am. I run my own private little hedge fund and told my shareholders 3 months ago oil would be below 100 (140 at the time), topi will be at 16000 and gold will be at usd1200....all by the end of October! Took positions 60% long gold shares(beacuse of relative leverage), 20% long gld and 20% short banks and right now my portfolio looks the same as if I was long the market in general. Anyway hopefully the later two keep me liquid enough to wait for for my big investment (long gold shares) to pay off.....but as I said last week, tis smells deflation in which case I am phukked with the rest off the lemmings. But boy am I pissed off....I saw this coming and I am still getting carrotted.......lets hope em gold share recover soon!ADIOS...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I can,t see where support is on the dow weekly not going that far back lol ( Futures )
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dinnen when are you going to figure out that your problem has never been how you read the market...BUT How you chose to trade the market...GIVE UP THE LOVE OF GOLD you are almost as bad a roffey..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LOL Dude....too true....but that was below the belt. Call me a $%$%$^ trader but don't compare me to that *****. I got into golds 70% below the levels he was calling them to get rich quick. Alas whats the use...Simon any chance of me changing my handle to Roffey???
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Dinen? don't beat yourself. No one can guess this market or even reasonably analyse it. Here's the proof: DOW spikes back up to 10000 because the Diggers slash their rates by 100 bps ????? Eish now that's the first true panic knee jerk I've seen so far. If anything, this reaction scares me more than anything I've seen so far... seriously, why should the DOW move 300 points because OZ cuts rates by 1%?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nova.. Trading has got very little to do with the news and everything to do with the emotion the news evokes...10000 on the dow was key everybogy knows that.So with each tick down past 10000, the fear of a reversal increase..so with the first signs of a reversal the shorts cover and you get a rally back to 10000 its that simple..well at least its that simple to me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I kept my powder (relatively) dry, and dammit, doesn't the dividend yield on KIO look good at the moment? And I heard that they have a 97% rise in their steel contract prices next year.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
John we're allowed to disagree. News is everything in trading. I learn't that with FX trading. This one moved because of OZ and 10000 didn't hold. It's simple really
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
What time did Os cut rates. because the rally started at 5am OS time.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
heh John, I do concede defeat. U R right and my assumption wrong. So what did move it? Can't be just 10000???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cramer said "sell everything".....as soon as those words came out stocks reversed losses....seriously!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
geh geh geh go figure. thx Dinen
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The top40 is still up an annualised 22% since its December bottom. Having said that I sold all my shares and warrants in April as the market was already too volatile for me back then.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry, I meant since its April 2003 bottom.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Hah! John? Dinen's right... more or less when Cramer said 'investors should definitely watch for any bounce in the market and use that to sell into strength'... is when things went awry. Whaddaya know I never thought 'ole Cramer could have such an impact?
0 Kudos