Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Targets updated

Not applicable
...pretty much agree with PaulC. I now have 4000 of, at average cost 94.41 = exposure of 377k. R88 is THE LINE.thus, R25k to cover,required,from my entry-price. I have double that amount,to cover.rest assured...if it taildowns to R88....my TRUCK will be waiting.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Flyguy,derivatives (cfd's,ssf's,warrants) are weapons of mass destruction.If you are new I would advise you to trade shares first(at least R10000 per trade to be cost effective).If you can trade shares successfully you stand a small chance of being successful with derivatives.If not,you will get wiped out in the blink of an eye.omo
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Russ i have traded shares successfully and have made a decent amount with sacoil. I now have this hunger to go a bit wild.. Bigger risk = bigger returns/loss. Can you also advise if i put in a buy order of 500 cfd's and get part order now and part later, but within the same day, would i have to pay double brokerage and VAT?? i.e R57 + R57
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Probability of support at the 61.8%, $1368 level musters. I will put on my Viking helmet for this one.
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Paul / VI what do i look at to distinguish if GLD is a good buy? when to buy? or when to sell?
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Emergency kit item: Music to stir any faint hearted soul - http://tinyurl.com/3g6kr4
0 Kudos
Not applicable
flyguy: Hi !...right,first thing you do.Go to the GLD daily chart. Draw the Uptrend Line from 29 July till present.And as you will see,PRICE is tapping on that line today.= a BUY on the oversold line of the short-term uptrend.### OK...next thing.Click on the WEEKLY chart.Draw a line from 6 July 2007.And you will see PRICE taps it at R88.So now you know 2 very important things.R93 is short-term oversold.R88 is long-term Oversold.R88 is thus THE LINE of maximum-buy. R93 - R88 = R5...that's the space you have to cover.So, count those Pennies carefully...and if you cannot cover the bet AT LEAST TWICE,you've got too many.Lighten up.OK ? Simple stuff. And yeah,study Point and Figure Charting.It's important.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Fredsed: heh....Hoist those sails.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
I have a different approach. I do look at the historical channel that GLD is trading. I look mostly at teh USD cost of gold. I then look at the rand (which is my weak point) I try and catch rand strength with $GOLD weakness. If I dont get that setup I keep with my gold stocks. Typically of the portion of my trades that gotoward godl related trades ill have 1 third GLD the rest stocks. Recently however I was 10% GLD balance in stocks cause I couldnt call the rand component of GLD. Happened to work well cause GFI and ANG did pretty well. - P
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Aah i see, Thanx VI / PAUL... Appreciate the much needed assistance
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's another week almost done ..and Yup, I'm gonna Stagger.Stagger the Buys.Buy into that temporary weakness.Got the previous 4000 cfds and added another 500 at R93.50...another buy-order of 500 at R92.50.### Anyone else at the Press-meet for Thor,god of Plunder ? Got my T-shirt..cheers.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
without paying much attention but this thing does not seem to move up much..but it does seem to drift and move down quite often
0 Kudos
Not applicable
john: the secret is its relative predictability.GLD has always been good to me.Like those ALSI-futures are good to your bud,Chartist.Been going thru his Videos.Good stuff.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I bought gld yesterday at 93.50.The bull channel is still intact.Getting a little oversold on the daily chart so could be due for a little run.The last 2 days has been a buying opportunity in my view.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Maybe the pause is about China interest rate this weekend. If they read the charts they will then know to pass.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Now at 5000 cfds'...Can we get a R91.50 ? Can we ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and...just another update.My Local GLD P&F chart clicks 3 Os = normal reversal.(when she dropped below 93)>>>92 flat, will indicate Supply.90 is P&F Support.Now teach your 6-yr old this stuff.It's THAT easy....IT WORKS.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just looking at the last 30 trades, I see some "big Boy' buys out there.Must be nice.You know,buy 20 000 cfds at R92.50.Yawn.Buy another 20 000....Zzzz.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Umtitum...greedy GLD holders will not sell at a fair price. Its only tech stuff after all. You can't trust the Chinese you know, they could increase interest rates without batting the ball. What do they care. Forsooth, so now I will listen to the Trout whilst watching cricket on the Dow.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Which way is GLD heading today/this week?
0 Kudos