Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tax benefits of being a trader or investor

Not applicable
Hi Simon, It would be of most benefit to me and many others im sure if there was a presentation on the: 1) Benefits to being a registered trader in terms of tax 2) Steps to be registered as a trader 3) Tax differences between being a trader and an investor. I was also wondering where i could get the presentations from the evaluation of small and medium cap exploration/mining companies that was held at the sandton hilton last week thursday. Thanks for your help look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Malcolm
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Hi Malcolm - I know that you requested a response from Simon, but just wanted to point you to the brochure on the SARS site - http://www.sars.gov.za/it/Brochures/Other%20Brochures/Tax%20Brochure%20for%20Share%20Owners%20Latest....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tx greg, that would have been my answer.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that and speak to your accountant.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks. What about the presentations?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks. What about the presentations?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
presentations are not likely for two main reasons. Firstly everybodies requirements/situation is different. Secondly it would essentially be tax advice which we do not offer at all.
0 Kudos