Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tax on SATRIX DIVI

Not applicable
Hi Simon, are the dividents from Satrix Divi plus taxable ?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
AJT
Super Contributor
Simon no longer works for OST, suggest you contact the call centre
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks AJT. The call centre offer no assistance regard tax. and its diifuclt to chat to a tax consultnat each time one has a small query .
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
maybe try and contact SARS or check out their website...
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
OST prepare your tax statements for submission. They split the dividend from the interest portion and declare accordingly. Dividends are currently tax exempt.
0 Kudos
Castro1
Contributor
Thanks Saash.. Yes the only "dividents" that are taxed are dividents from Prop stocks, which Im told are actually interest received.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Simon is active on Tickertalk. Get yourself an account and start posting.
0 Kudos
Castro1
Contributor
Thanks Blik ... quite strange that there's no tax guidance ... not expensive advice, just easy simple guidance. I have the Tax Guide for Share Owners .. there are so many if and buts in there that your head spins trying to solve a easy tax question... and I'm not sure standing in a long queue at the local SARs office will cut it either.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Follow My Account, click Tax statements and select Tax Guide for Share Owners released 04-May-2010 - fairly simple and informative. SA dividens tax free, foreign first R3000 exempt.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks ChattyChat, Are dividents from property stocks also tax free. Some say the dividents are actually interest and therefore taxable .?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
property stocks don;t pay dividends .. they pay interest ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And I think for tax purposes you get the s10(1)(i) exemption on some of the dividend
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Exemption for foreign interest and otherwise taxable dividends (section 10(1)(i)(xv)(aa)) increased to R3 200 (2008: R3 000)
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
I think what confuses people about this, is that this site clearly shows the property stocks as having a "dividend yield". Is it not possible for these to be shown as "interest"?
0 Kudos
Castro1
Contributor
Yes good call Magician thanks,call it what it is.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
0 Kudos