Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tax on capital gains

klapka
Super Contributor
Each year I submit my return (last minute) via efiling and each year SARS says it has no record of my gains and losses. Yet the reports from OST and another institution say, "The details of all transactions have been submitted to SARS in accordance with etc etc. IT3's they do have. Are share dealings really sent to SARS? Can anyone help on this?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
Mmmm...interesting.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You are still required to submit the details - otherwise SARS will 'klap' you. IMO their might be something terribly wrong with the OST IT3 stuff. SARS clamped down on me for omitting from my income return the interest earned from my bank, of which SARS had knowledge. (On clampibg down they did not tell me this and that, they requested me to update the file, due to SARS having certain figures which I failed to submit. I burst into a sweat and decided to ignore. In the end I was taxed and received a warning never to fail again, the penalty will kick in etc. It was like receiving a repremand from me parents... and I am not that young anymore.)
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
I am not suggesting otherwise. But it seems IT 3 a 's get through and are indeed already loaded at efiling but IT 3 d s seem to get lost. I then have to submit a copy of OST stuff. All very inefficient.
0 Kudos