Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tech analysis query?

Blik
Super Contributor
Can anyone who has a bit of technical analysis savy or sous, please let me know what they think about BDM at the moment. There seems to be a bit of resistance and the price has been holding, testing the 24 - 26 barrier. Only technical analysis - am not interested (for this post) in any fundamental thinking about BDM. I am also not buying or selling.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Blik
Super Contributor
Does anyone see BMD breaking the 3 short downtrend line (fan principle) from the 10th Mar price of 75? Or am I smoking some of the good stuff?
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
They've just announced a hugely dilutive rights issue priced at 12.5c, so that'll cap any upside for now and complicate tech analysis.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Exactly the point.. Technicals are influenced by fundamentals, but fundamentals don't give a rats-ass about technicals.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
technicals are not influenced by fundamentals .. rather after the fundamentalisst have done all the hard work the technicalist can see their thinking in the chart ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
here we go again. I for one use both - why ? Because it reduce risk. I need to get a warm fuzzy feeling before I buy, and I can't get that from technicals alone.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I certainly dont want to rehash the debate - not the aim. I just want to see if what I see on the chart is kind of correct - being a tech dumbass and all. I am aware of the rights issue - but irrespective of what it's going to do, I am not going to buy - I have enough BDM already, and it doesnt form part of my long term plan.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
As I understand it - and I could be completely off mark. For the Rights Issue, each shares will be issued at 12.5 per share at the ratio of 2.31 to each single share owned. Brait has offered, subject to conditions, to underwrite a portion of the rights offer, and BDM is in the process of finalising the terms.
0 Kudos