Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Technical Analysis Course by Dr. Clive Roffey

PaulC
Super Contributor
If Chartist was still on this forum Im sure he'd have something to say about this :) For only R3750 - sent to me from Global Trader We will be hosting Technical Analysis Courses, presented by Dr Clive Roffey. He holds a first class honours degrees in both Metallurgy and Mathematics and a Ph. D in Electrochemistry from the University of London . With over 30 years in the industry, he has lectured extensively at global and local investment conferences on analysis and hosts master class courses on advanced technical analysis. Dr. Roffey is an executive member of the Technical Analytical Society of Southern Africa and consults to both institutional and private clients The course will provide traders with practical trading tools focusing in the following key areas: * Making Trading Decisions What are the technical tools that are essential for decision making? How do you put them together? * Technical tools for traders Isolate the techniques that have a high probability of working, eliminate emotional decisions. * Efficient trading How do you select the share or index to trade? Is it a thumb suck or are there strict rules that can be applied? Do you try to trade every move or are you selective?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
kwagga
Super Contributor
If he did it for R37.50 I'd think long and hard before I'd make the "investment". I'm sure some suckers will be lured into paying these crazy fees. Nothing that he can teach you that's not already available on the internet for free. That is if you're willing to do some homework.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
I listen to him somemtimes on Summit tv . I also think that he sometimes talks to much *****. Him and his graphs
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
SFM offer a great course for free and even throw in lunch and a pen.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oi john .. you bin listening to brazen again .. never been lunch .. only tea, an yes a pen ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
..... not to mention bound notes. Hi Simon is there a chance of having a technical analysis course for day traders. I sometimes find the TA course a bit too generic for an SSF junkie like me. I still havn't come to grasps with bollingers and gap trading.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is something I am talking to Yonatan about .. but I am firmly of the view that your time frame matters not .. the logic remains the same whether you're in the 1 minute or weekly chart or anywhere inbetween ..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I can't concentrate without a good lunch. Seriously. I'll bring my own big bucket of KFC.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
green_goblin
Contributor
seen him on summit a few time's, he will tell you to bye gold share's, otherwize the rest of the market is in a 20 year Recession
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I won't. But will only play during the tea break - after I've had my tiny little muffin supplied by SBK.
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Hahaha, I saw that one as well on Summit, doomsday prophet but do go long on gold. I hope this was the last laugh ....
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
has anyone ever seen a show when he did not say "buy gold shares" I think its the gold companies that pay for his shows
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
If he gets bout 20 bums into the place it's what he could do in the market trading his own lectures on a daily basis! So, why then make your tom teaching other people. He doesnt come accross as the generous type? I think he just wants to have the light shine on him and be the centre of attention with alot of oohhinnng and aaahing. Now trading dont give you that, especially if you get it wrong, which probability speaking can be as much as 60% of the time!
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
I can't stand it that he's never just "Clive Roffey"... always "DR. clive roffey". Why do some people need the title to have some sense of self worth?
0 Kudos