Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Technical Analysis

Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
For full-time trading which software package would be the best option between ShareMagic, Amibroker, Metastock, and Market Master.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
jln
Contributor
Goldbull i called GoldPlatinum securities on metastock pro and told me that for 20k for program and R850 pm you get 1 minute intraday data.This is a bit rich for my blood.I'm using metastock end of day and cant complain.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Goldbull - it's a matter of personal preference. Whatever you are comfortable with. Although I like Metastock, others swear by programs like Prime Charts and Share Magic (which is excellent value) - I think there is a version available without the fundamental stuff (which I think is even better value, especially since you can get all of the fundamental stuff on this website anyway). I started by using Charts on Quote.com, which is great because its free and full of info on tech analysis, although some of the data on some of the Alsi40 shares is wrong at times. Try it before you buy anything (here is a link to the Gold chart: http://new.quote.com/forex/chart.action?chartUi.studies=&sym=XAU+A0-FX&chartUi.bartype=CANDLE&chartU...). Try it to get a feel for charting before you shell out any money.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
i use amibroker with sharenet EOD feed and find it works well and much more affordable than some of those other blokes.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
A rich retired IT dude like you ? Just install a link to the DOW and get it done with !
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
ha ha! once a scrooge always a scrooge ;) ... nah, not quite. but def have a lot more to learn re TA! past couple o weeks havent been good to me. out of almost everything now, but holding on to my MTN as it is still barely in the money (for now). was sad to say goodbye to my beloved AMS, but stopped out and she looks to be heading for further weakness.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Just joking bro, ja, think it is a sad time for lot of us but next week, who knows ! Have a lêkka weekend !
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I'm also happy with Amibroker (with Sharenet EOD), does the job perfect for me...
0 Kudos