Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Technical analysis

Not applicable
Goodday all Still new to OST and would like to know which tool (charting) to use to determine weather to buy or sell a share, am currently learning about, Moving Averages, RSI, and PE Ratios, is there anything else that will help me in making decisions?, or what do you mainly use to determine buying or selling of shares?. I am not a day trader and my plan is to trade Once or twice every 3 months or so. Tx
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Have you tried Simon's Lazy System?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Buy satrix rather, doing tech analysis takes up a lot of ur time and it takes experience to be able to read a chart properly. There are so many dif charts and signals u need to look at, it is crazy to learn such a complicted system if u going to trade every 2 or 3 months.
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Nope, TA doesn't take up a lot of time. Just about 30 minutes in the evening.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi, No i havent tried Simons Lazy System yet, where do i access it?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Definitely the Regression line is the best guide of direction long term,short term u can see if the price is falling towards ,or rising away from the line.Really short term the stoch helps,but beware to make most judgements in direction of the regression line otherwise u can fall badly!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for the feedback guys, Much appreciated, Tried looking through Simons posts for his lazy system, cant find it. Does anyone know ehere i can find it, Simon?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
The Lazy trading system - WORKS ONLY ON INDEXES - NOT DESIGNED FOR SHARES!!!!!!!!!! *short *close below 15 day ema *red next day by 16h30 *if still below 15 day ema & green next day trigger still active & wait for red 16h30 next day *if moving above 15 day ema trigger cancelled *30 day ema below 60 day ema for primary direction *20% trailing stop until breakeven then a higher high out **long trade trigger **close above 15 day ema trade confirm **green next day by 16h30 condition a **if still above 15 day ema & red next day trigger still active & wait for green 16h30 next day condition b **if moving below 15 day ema trigger cancelled condition c **30 day ema above 60 day ema for primary direction stop loss & exit **20% trailing stop until breakeven then a lower low out
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Use my method and buy any stock that hits a 52 weeks high for the first time.
0 Kudos