Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Telkom ADSL

Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Have to wait 6 to 8 weeks for a connection in Sandton. Why does it take so long? Anyone know? Dutch
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
modo
New Contributor
No idea, But I suggest you do a self install. go pick up the modem and software at any local telkom branch. Install it (really easy, maximum 30 min) and you should be up and running within 2 weeks. Cos the long wait is due to actual technicians coming out to install it for you. Your line is usually ready way before that.........
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agree with Modo. I've recently applied for connections (twice) and in both cases they phoned me within 3 days to test the line and advise me to collect the modem. Setup was a breeze. Also, there's no 24 month contract and the modem is yours to keep if you cancel at any time.
0 Kudos
modo
New Contributor
another thing for anyone wanting broadband. Check out www.saol.com (South Africa On Line) 1MEG Packages start @ R95 waaaaaay cheaper than anyone else.
0 Kudos