Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Telkom

Brazen
Super Contributor
being punished for some Dubai thingy. Better get out the old charts and see where long term support is.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
this share is starting to see its A$$. don't think they keeping up with the times. competitive technology has surpassed their current technology. the age of the fixed line telecom has seen its day. they really gonna have to step up their game if they gonna stay in the race
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip duke, it's a dog and the market knows it.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
If I have it right Telkom had the opp to sell off the fixed line business?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes,see Moneyweb.The share we all love to bash,yes their service is not up to standard and if one has a complaint there is only one number to dial,only to be told it might take days to repair,but on the other hand i use their ADSL package and find the connection very reasonably priced.If it is taken over we are likely to end up paying a great deal more!They have also said that there is going to be a new roll out of up to date equipment.We shall see!
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
well telkom has had it easy on the complaints department. escom has helped them with that. escom probably the most talked about topic at the moment. wireless broadband system will only get cheaper as we move along. so i wouldn't worry too much about adsl. somebody is always out there to cut the next guy's throat and as long as that aspect is there, competion will always be around.
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
Is Gravy not in Dubai?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Abu Dhabi. Telkom wouldn't work with Gravy, he still owes them money from the early 90s.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
I love the new term for Escom's management approach - "LOBE SHEDDING"
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
Did he sneak in and out to do the "thingy"? he he!
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
I see T-Sec are calling Telkom Short down to 10000! ie -32% can that be feasible?
0 Kudos